Audi A5 Forum & Audi S5 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
1,295 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My installer of choice for several years has been Edrick Asuncion @ SpalShield in the pomona valley in Socal -- this time around I got the works. Full front bumper, full coverage on the hood, full front fenders, a-pillars, the panel in front of the sunroof, headlights, and foglights.

http://spalshield.com/

Attachments

·
Registered
470 Posts
Wow I didn't know whether I should get a clear bra, but its barely visible to the human eye, I'm sold.

·
Registered
371 Posts
looks good. I did the same thing and had the whole front covered. I did the bumper, hood, fenders, mirriors, headlights, fog lights, and grill (center black area). I didn't have the option for the a pillars or roof otherwise they would have been done too.

·
Registered
68 Posts
This may be a stupid question, but why put on a protective film when you can get a glass coat treatment that lasts for years? Won't the edges of the film get ugly after a while?

I'm not sure if I have used the correct English word for it, but here in Norway we call it glass coating or paint sealing (NO: glassbehandling/lakkforsegling). When I pick up my new A5 next week it will have this coating (it was done by a 3rd party workshop, not Audi).

·
Registered
371 Posts
This may be a stupid question, but why put on a protective film when you can get a glass coat treatment that lasts for years? Won't the edges of the film get ugly after a while?

I'm not sure if I have used the correct English word for it, but here in Norway we call it glass coating or paint sealing (NO: glassbehandling/lakkforsegling). When I pick up my new A5 next week it will have this coating (it was done by a 3rd party workshop, not Audi).
I have done both. I had my paint sealed and then I had them clear bra my A5

Adding clear bra is great for cars that are driven a lot on the highway. If you are only running around town you might not need it.

·
Registered
384 Posts
Looks really good, didn't know you could do the headlights and fogs.

Btw, I thought you were going to remove your V8 emblems :p

·
Registered
149 Posts
Looks great!

Hey Ray,

Cars looking great! What did the clear bra run you in cost with that much coverage? I was thinking of redoing my dealer installed bra.

I just had rock hit the center of my hood directly above my protective hood film....DOH!!:mad:

Rick

·
Registered
149 Posts
Hey Ray,

Cars looking great! What did the clear bra run you in cost with that much coverage? I was thinking of redoing my dealer installed bra.

I just had rock hit the center of my hood directly above my protective hood film....DOH!!:mad:

Rick
Nevermind....found the info on the other thread!

·
Registered
1,295 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Looks really good, didn't know you could do the headlights and fogs.

Btw, I thought you were going to remove your V8 emblems :p
Haha, I changed my mind when they announced the V6T is coming.

·
Registered
15 Posts
My installer of choice for several years has been Edrick Asuncion @ SpalShield in the pomona valley in Socal -- this time around I got the works. Full front bumper, full coverage on the hood, full front fenders, a-pillars, the panel in front of the sunroof, headlights, and foglights.

http://spalshield.com/
So is this something that you're supposed to replace every few years? At what cost (if you don't mind me asking)?

·
Registered
371 Posts
Well if you think about it the lights are in the front and are usually hit with rocks just as much as the bumper and hood.

I was glad to see that they not only covered my headlights but my fog lights also. And you can't really tell they have been covered even when the lights are on.

·
Registered
371 Posts
what does the clear bra cost
Depends on how much they cover. I have the whole front done and it cost about 1200. Correct me if Im wrong but I think blur got his done for about 1700.

·
Registered
384 Posts
I did the bumper and 1/3 of the hood for about $700. I didn't cover the plastic grille and the lights. If my lights get damaged im ordering the euro specs. Damn price is what is stopping me

·
Registered
3,586 Posts
what does the clear bra cost
Prices seems to vary. Based upon the various prices I've seen posted on here from folks around the US, the DFW market seems to be higher than other parts of the country for clear bra installation on the S5.

$400 (bumper)
$200 (headlights & fog lights)
$300 (partial 24" coverage on hood & fenders, mirrors)
$600 (custom cut full hood & full fenders, mirrors)

The guy who did my clear bra has his shop in McKinney.

·
Registered
49 Posts
If someone wants to get the bra done in dallas e mail me, i have a guy who will do the hood, fenders and mirrors for 200 parts and labor. You just have to give him your vin number and see if he can cut out the pattern on his machine.

·
Registered
1,295 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Sorry for the late replies, mine was about 1500. I hung around through most of the install, it took about 7.5 hours. The materials are relatively cheap, the cost is in the specialized labor in making it fit and look perfect.

·
Registered
436 Posts
I did the bumper and 1/3 of the hood for about $700. I didn't cover the plastic grille and the lights. If my lights get damaged im ordering the euro specs. Damn price is what is stopping me
+ 1... those Ecodes a freakin expensive.. After performing the Vag-Com side indicator disable mode, the orange doesn't nearly bother me now and when its off at night and during the day its not that noticeable.. Still, if my originals get damaged, I may consider Ecodes Euro spec..

The clear bra is worth it and I plan on doing this soon as well.. Seems like a smart thing to do.

·
Registered
28 Posts
I know this is an old Post but does any one know where I can get this installed in Belgium/Germany/Netherlands? The cost would be helpful too. Also I found a website where I can buy it and put it on myself. Is it easy enough to do?

1 - 20 of 28 Posts