Audi A5 Forum & Audi S5 Forum banner
21 - 25 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hey guys, I am new here, just found this thread searching for a solution to the same issue as described in this thread. I had the Google Maps overlay until Dec 2020 working in my 2014 A5 with a SIM in it, then I learned that they are no longer supported and Google no longer offers this service for the NAV I have and kind of left it alone. Recently I found out it can be resolved and started looking around and found this.
Tried contacting @congo but I was unable as I am new on this website.
How can I get in contact with @congo ?
@congo if you are seeing this can you please write back, I am happy to pay for any kind of support towards a fix. I loved having the GMaps overlay, and I would love to have it back.
I will have a new 4G/5G SIM activated and ready to use starting with Wednesday this week.
I also have a VAG182 OBD interface available if need be, as I am not sure how this will or can be approached.

I am very much looking forward to your reply.

Thank you in advance.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Hey guys, I am new here, just found this thread searching for a solution to the same issue as described in this thread. I had the Google Maps overlay until Dec 2020 working in my 2014 A5 with a SIM in it, then I learned that they are no longer supported and Google no longer offers this service for the NAV I have and kind of left it alone. Recently I found out it can be resolved and started looking around and found this.
Tried contacting @congo but I was unable as I am new on this website.
How can I get in contact with @congo ?
@congo if you are seeing this can you please write back, I am happy to pay for any kind of support towards a fix. I loved having the GMaps overlay, and I would love to have it back.
I will have a new 4G/5G SIM activated and ready to use starting with Wednesday this week.
I also have a VAG182 OBD interface available if need be, as I am not sure how this will or can be approached.

I am very much looking forward to your reply.

Thank you in advance.
Get in touch with @congo - just message him.

I can confirm I purchased the solution from him and it was both reasonably priced and easy to install - works a treat :cool:

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi Guys.
Its David from Hungary. A5 2013 MMI 3+ High.
I have similar GoogleMaps mistake and I'm not able to ask in private message.
I already updated my MMI system last year and paid for new online licence in dealership now. But GoogleEarth still not working. Offline Map (base) is working and Audi Connect infos as well but very selected. Just fuel, Parking, Weather etc... but not showing Traffic on map and still not google access....Sometime writing "not enough memory" sometimes just waiting and waiting but not downloading..:cry:
Anyone has infos please?
Thnx guys

21 - 25 of 25 Posts