21 - 33 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hello,

My sw version is:
MHI2_ER_AUG22_P3241
MU Software: 0678

Any chance of a firmware update to enable satellite image?
I spent a few hours today looking through various forums and threads but I am not able to understand exactly if my car can be updated..

Many thanks in advance!

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi @congo ,

I have the latest version of the MIB2 FW with Nvidia Chipset. I have read that you say that although Audi has not published anything, something can still be done to have the satellite view.
What can be done? Can you tell me, please, where to get information?

thanks

·
Registered
1 Posts
Audi A5 MY2017, qualcom chip. Two dealerships said it can not be done. Its done by congos manual, about 20 minutes.
Thank you congo!
Which one of the TPI files did you use they all have different numbers and I don’t know what it relates to?

·
Premium Member
613 Posts
Discussion Starter · #25 ·
Based on the info you provided for you is MHI2Q_ER_AUG22_P5092.

Keep in mind that SatMap will only work with active connect subscription so you have to renew every year.
Downgrade to current version might not be possible.

Regards.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hello

I like that with the cards very much. The connection of the cards in the MMI is still limited. since only 2G works after the 3G subscription, this will probably not work with the map download either. A maximum of 10kb / s is transmitted via 2G. that will hardly be enough for the cards

·
Registered
23 Posts
Hello

I like that with the cards very much. The connection of the cards in the MMI is still limited. since only 2G works after the 3G subscription, this will probably not work with the map download either. A maximum of 10kb / s is transmitted via 2G. that will hardly be enough for the cards
This is simply wrong, the 3GP uses 3G and the MIB2/MHI2 uses 4G!

·
Premium Member
613 Posts
Discussion Starter · #29 ·
2G will be ok for MMI3G+ systems.
It does take a bit more time to do the initial load but then unless you are driving with 300km/h and map is zoomed in to 30m ... it will work just fine.

Regards.

·
Registered
4 Posts
i am a german. I must translate every treat. That is not realy fine. I wanna have the Google Earth on my MMI3G+ in my Audi a5 8T facelift 2012.

21 - 33 of 33 Posts