Audi A5 Forum & Audi S5 Forum banner

Google Earth for MMI 3G+ / VW RNS850 / MIB systems

122K views 242 replies 94 participants last post by  yago 
#1 · (Edited)
Hello all,
some of you might already noticed as of Dec 2020 Google Earth was disabled for all vehicles older than MY2018.
That left all legacy MMI systems w/o that option.

I'm happy to announce that there is a software solution now that can make GEMMI work again :)
Installations are performed remotely, all you need is empty SD card and active green menu as i will need some details from it.

More info here :
Code:
https://www.audi-mib.bg/audi-google-earth/
For MMI3G+ systems min software version required K900, best with K942/P1001 (lowest version tested US: 0566 EU: 0532)
For RNS850 systems min software version required K821 (it might work with older but it was never tested)
For MIB1/2 systems almost all software versions are covered, if update i needed i will guide you thru the process if you are not comfortable doing it by yourself.

Active Connect subscription is not required, but if the system was retrofit i need to know that prior to making the activation pack.
Data connection is required.

MMI 3G+/RNS850 systems -> Price is 75€ one time only.
MIB1/2 systems -> Price is 180€ 150€ one time only.

Because of recent questions from members i will state that here so it's public - No information about location of the car is transmitted back to me when using Google Earth alone. Location might be transmitted (but not recorded) only while using the streetview option. If you dont want that then you can disable the streetview completely from the green menu (MMI) or coding(MIB).

As some of you may have concerns about reliability of the service I'm extending the warranty period to 6 months.
What is covered?
If you have MIB1/MIB2 system and the software is not able to function as intended before the end of the 6th month since it was activated and I'm not able to restore it in 2 month time then you will get up to 50% refund.

What is not covered?
Unfortunately due to its age MMI3G+ systems are not covered by any warranty period.
End user action that somehow prevented the software from functioning correctly.
Isolated case where only one system is affected (i believe it's clear that is local problem)
Activation that is not made direct from me elsewhere using my files.
Discounted packages.

Warranty VOID
As expected some will try to reverse the code and/or try other techniques to understand how it works. That is fine for own education but if shared publicly will result in immediate support termination w/o any refund. No new updates will be offered.

Software is expected to function properly for more than 2 years. Any speculations that it will stop in a week or two are nonsense's by people that have absolutely no idea how this thing actually works.

Please write in English only. Foreign users can use google translate to do that.

Required information for MIB systems:
I will provide software package that will do the information extract for you.

Required information for MMI3G+/RNS850 systems:
1. photo of GreenMenu -> Environment screen.
2. VIN or FAZIT. FAZIT can be seen from VCDS -> 5F, Advanced Identification.
3. Version of the software should be at least 900 or newer.
If you dont have green menu activation I will provide script that will do the information extract for you.
Green Slope Font Rectangle Computer

Font Screenshot Multimedia Electronic device Gadget

Demo of A6 4F (retrofitted MMI3G+)

Demo of S4 B9 (W/o fix from Audi)

Contact for more info.

The price paid is not for providing the satellite images, they are freely available. It's for the time taken to make it work again.

See less See more
3 2
#109 ·
Check this topic
I have shared software and a manual.

As you might guess i might be hard for me to support online such process.
So, read the manual (MIB2_DNG_QC.pdf) and let me know if something is not clear before making any changes.

Regards.

#113 ·
Hi Congo

I am interested in your solution to retrieve the google earth display,
Touareg 7p 2012
I have updated the Rns 850
Media Version
HN+_EU_VW_PO824

Navigation database version :
8R0060884HQ ECE 6.32.1 i know the maps , i have loaded are for Europe i cant find the one for South Africa or Australia or middle East

The google option is greyed out and not working

#122 ·
Hi, software reinstall will remove all. But if one expect that old way will work, i can tell you that the chance is close to 0%.
This December the block will extended.

Btw, i terms of promotions ... Christmas is my second best time during the year so the good old Santa will come earlier this year for some of you.

Regards.