Audi A5 Forum & Audi S5 Forum banner
81 - 100 of 111 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
hello I can with the retrofit solution for Audi Connect via the external router and surf stick. buy the Audi traffic data license? or does that not work with my vin

·
Premium Member
613 Posts
Discussion Starter · #82 ·
You cant buy Connect subscription for retrofit officially.
But i dont see how this relates to the topic.
Please if you have questions that are not related to the topic ask on PM not here.
Regards.

·
Registered
1 Posts
@congo

Hi guys, hi congo, i am very much interested to get google maps back on my 2016 Q7 4M, unfortunetly as a new user i am not able to send you a PM ...

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi Congo,

I bought your Google Earth fix a couple of months back and I'm very happy with it.

I am experiencing some connection problems where my MMI unit will tell me that there is no SIM card inserted as well as occasional bluetooth problems. I intend to try to fix this (Hopefully) with a firmware update to K942. I'm currently running P900 so I'm wondering if I can apply the same Google Earh fix that you sent me back then after the update to K942? Or if I need a new Google Earth fix/patch?

Important: For anyone considering Congo's Google Earth fix, my above mentioned connection problems are NOT related to his fix. I'm very impressed with how well it works so do not hesitate to get it because of my question above. My connection issue was also present in 2020 without Congo's fix while using the Audi supplied Google Earth.

/Nicklas

·
Registered
Audi Q5 3.0 TDI 2014
2 Posts
I have also been using the Congo fix since the beginning of the year and am completely satisfied. Everything works perfectly. I would also like to thank you again for the fix.

Gesendet von iPhone mit Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
613 Posts
Discussion Starter · #87 ·
In regards to the connectivity issues - worth checking if data connection is set to "when requested" or "always".
MMI is notorious with slow data startup which can cause such screen to appear if set to "when requested"

Regards.

·
Registered
Audi Q5 3.0 TDI 2014
3 Posts
My Google Earth works, but I would be interested to know where you can set the MMI3G + to "always" or "when requested".

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hello all,
some of you might already noticed as of Dec 2020 Google Earth was disabled for all vehicles older than MY2018.
That left all legacy MMI systems w/o that option.

I'm happy to announce that GEMMI is back :)
Installations are performed remotely, all you need is empty SD card and active green menu as i will need some details from it.

For MMI3G+ systems min software version required K900, best with K942/P1001
For MIB1/2 systems almost all software versions are covered, if update i needed i will guide you thru the process if you are not comfortable doing it by yourself.

Active Connect subscription is not required, but if the system was retrofit i need to know that prior to making the activation pack.
Data connection is required.

MMI 3G+ systems -> Price is 75€ one time only.
MIB1/2 systems -> Price is 180€ one time only.

Because of recent questions from members i will state that here so it's public - No information about location of the car is transmitted back when using the sat map.

As some of you may have concerns about reliability of the service I'm extending the warranty period to 6 months.
What is covered?
If you have MIB1/MIB2 system and service stops before the end of the 6th month since it was activated and I'm not able to restore it in 2 month time then you will get 50% refund.

What is not covered?
End user action that somehow prevented the software from functioning correctly.
Isolated case where only one system is affected (i believe it's clear that is local problem)
Activation that is not made direct from me elsewhere using my files.

Warranty VOID
As expected some will try to reverse the code and/or try other techniques to understand how it works. That is fine for own education but if shared publicly will result in immediate support termination w/o any refund. No new updates will be offered.

Expected lifetime of the service is above 3 years. Any speculations that it will stop in a week or two are nonsense's by people that have absolutely no idea how this thing actually works.

Required information for MIB systems:
I will provide software package that will do the information extract for you.

Required information for MMI3G+ systems:
1. photo of GreenMenu -> Environment screen.
2. VIN or FAZIT. FAZIT can be seen from VCDS -> 5F, Advanced Identification.
3. Version of the software should be at least 900 or newer.
View attachment 179635

View attachment 179451

Demo of A6 4F (retrofitted MMI3G+)

Demo of S4 B9 (W/o fix from Audi)

Contact for more info.

The price paid is not for providing the satellite images, they are freely available. It's for the time taken to make it work again.
Hi Congo,
I just joined and the forum and interested in your fix but unable to PM.
I have a 2017 A6 and just renewed my Audi.
Here are the MMI details:

Can you please let me know if you can fix this?

I sent you an email prior to this post as well.

Thanks

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hallo, hätte evtl. Interesse an der Freischaltung der Google Earth Ansicht über deinen Server .
Wie genau würde das dann funktionieren ? Was kostet es ?
Hatte die letzte Zeit mit Remote_Hmi die Daten gehabt.
Gibt es da dann ein Update zum aufspielen ? Audi Q7 4M 3.0 TDI
Aktueller Softwarestand ist MHI2_ER_AUG22_K3346 patched mit M.I.B. - More Incredible Bash
Bitte um Rückantwort

Danke und viele Grüße

·
Registered
2 Posts
It has been 5 days since I installed Congo's fix. It has been nothing but amazing to have Google Earth back up and running. As promised, Congo provided information/instructions for the installation and was there as back up support, as and when I needed it. Not only that, he has been there to answer any follow up questions that I've had. I can honestly say he has been nothing short of brilliant from the start. A fully satisfied customer.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Thanks Congo from Spain. The "google earth" fix, works perfectly (firm 1177 mmi+), and thanks so much for your speedy answer

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hello everyone!!
I currently have such a system in the Audi Q5.
MHI2Q_ER_AUG22_P4170
MU software: 1117
I would like to raise it higher so that I can use google eartch.
Would you help me very much, I would ask!

Greetings, Mario

·
Premium Member
613 Posts
Discussion Starter · #97 ·
I would like to raise it higher so that I can use google eartch.
Hi,
here the correct topic for you

Keep in mind that this will only work if you have active subscription and its not google, its here sat map.
Also there is not going back, once you upgrade the downgrade option is harder and there is always a risk to break the navi.

If you still want Google Earth option or you dont have active subscription then check the first post here.

Regards.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Keep in mind that this will only work if you have active subscription and its not google, its here sat map.
My subscription has already expired.
What would you recommend to make it work?
audi salon would be able to help me?
Probably more people here in the forum have a problem with this.

Regards

·
Premium Member
613 Posts
Discussion Starter · #99 ·
Well,
as i said one option is to have Here satmap that will require active connect package.
Other option is to check very first post of this thread or PM me if you have questions or require more details.

Regards.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi Congo,

as new member i can't contact you by PM.

So here are the asked informations for my audi Q7 in order to know if my car will fit again for the G.E map.

I have a new audi connect licence and i also have a problem with it :

I tried yesterday to make an upgrade of my gps ( to 2019 version) by the "over the air "system but it doesn t download.. even when i set my cellphone simcard in the slot..
it's stuck to 1%...
Have you ever heard about this problem..? ( i could probably upgrade to the 2019 version by sd card as i downloaded it on the audi site)

Thank you!

Attachments

81 - 100 of 111 Posts