Audi A5 Forum & Audi S5 Forum banner
181 - 200 of 212 Posts

· Registered
Audi Q5 2013 2.0 TDI quattro 177 CV S-Tronic MMI 3G+
44 Posts
Hm ... check your dataplan ... its unusual that it work in rest of EU but not in Spain...
It is the only service that does not work, others such as weather, cheaper gas stations, nearby hotels and so, they work fine for me.
Is there anything you can think of that I can check?

· Registered
2 Posts
Some good news :)
Slowly all MMI 3G+ systems (that have the Google Earth activation) will get streetview ... free of charge!
How long it will work is not something i can say but for now its working and stable.
MIB1/2 systems will follow with a bit of delay.

Kind regards.
Hi all, I'm really confused about all this. We have a 2015 December RS3 also that has the sim card slot and the MIB high. The Google Earth overlay had gone a long time ago, will that now work again. I have no idea what MIB it is, it was the highest one for the pre facelift, so doesnt have carplay or android auto.

Sorry if its a silly question.

· Registered
2 Posts
hello congo,
I would like to have Google Earth on my navigation device again. Unfortunately, I have no idea what kind of hardware is installed here.
My A7 is year of manufacture May 2017 and therefore already the facelift. According to Wikipedia, an Nvidia Tegra 3 processor is installed in the MMI.
Below the version information:

Font Gas Technology Electronic device Machine

· Registered
463 Posts
If I were you I would activate smartphone interface in a first place to have Apple Carplay/Android auto and then you can use Google maps with Satellite view if that is so Important to you. The main dissadvantage of carplay/android auto is that you cannot switch the map on instrument cluster so it is available on MMI screen only.

· Registered
2 Posts
Slowly all MMI 3G+ systems (that have the Google Earth activation) will get streetview ... free of charge!
How long it will work is not something i can say but for now its working and stable.

Kind regards.
I misunderstood Congo, I thought you meant that Audi will give us back streetview on MIB1

· Registered
2 Posts
If I were you I would activate smartphone interface in a first place to have Apple Carplay/Android auto and then you can use Google maps with Satellite view if that is so Important to you. The main dissadvantage of carplay/android auto is that you cannot switch the map on instrument cluster so it is available on MMI screen only.
I use LineageOS 19.1 without Gapps and don't want to change that. In addition, the plugging and unplugging of the USB cable through the protective caps would be too cumbersome for me in the long run. For this reason, there is also no charging cradle with USB port, but only a pure charging function.
It may be that Android Car also works wirelessly on my smartphone, but I would be back at Google again.

· Registered
14 Posts

Kind regards.
Nice to know Congo you're the best!!! I will check if it works later

· Registered
14 Posts
Hey Congo I've tried on my audi but no street view. It could be like the last time you update your service that my car didn't receive the update via OTA and you send me a new file. Let me know... all the rest is still working good except my audi pin login that since months now is no more usable and online information about places that return 404 error. All the rest is working and I use it on a daily basis.

181 - 200 of 212 Posts