Audi A5 Forum & Audi S5 Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
196 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Woke up to that msg from my dealership this morning. Not the greatest news, but it cuts of 2 more months of waiting. He originally told me the ETA was the first week of February. Now he tells me end of December. What gives? I asked him why the change all of a sudden and he tells me "Audi is trying to finish off all their 2008 orders" Im thinking a lot of ppl are backing out on their orders. Thoughts?

Weird if u ask me, but it keeps me happy :D

·
Registered
53 Posts
Congrats!! I just confirmed with my dealer the other day that my build week is 45 (beginning of November) and it should be here by mid-December!! When is your build week?

·
Registered
196 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Grats. He said mine was week 49. I guess the times match up

·
Registered
11 Posts
This backs what I've been hearing, too: people have been backing out of orders, Audi has been shipping more cars, and the economy is slowing very quickly.

Woke up to that msg from my dealership this morning. Not the greatest news, but it cuts of 2 more months of waiting. He originally told me the ETA was the first week of February. Now he tells me end of December. What gives? I asked him why the change all of a sudden and he tells me "Audi is trying to finish off all their 2008 orders" Im thinking a lot of ppl are backing out on their orders. Thoughts?

Weird if u ask me, but it keeps me happy :D

·
Registered
491 Posts
This backs what I've been hearing, too: people have been backing out of orders, Audi has been shipping more cars, and the economy is slowing very quickly.
mine is also week 45. dealer said should be here early-mid december

·
Registered
953 Posts
Congrats mate! :)

I know you're in the USA and i'm in the UK but the cars all come from the same factory; maybe there's hope for mine to come a bit earlier too.

Fingers crossed.

·
Registered
196 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
weird. I just stopped by the dealership and my dealer wanted to see my credit card again for the $1,000 deposit. I remember giving it to him the first day I ordered the car. And now Audi is taking my deposit? WTH!?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts