Audi A5 Forum & Audi S5 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

· Registered
6 Posts
That is what you should expect to pay in this market if the dealer is working with you IMHO. I paid a bit more last month but not much. I doubt they will go much lower due to demand and lack of trunk money, holdback, etc. Seems like a good deal to me and as I always say...if you like the car, and can afford the car, buy the car. Best of luck.

· Registered
82 Posts

· Registered
3,586 Posts
jetblack, what part of the world are you located in? I'm assuming you're in the US since you mentioned that car has the "Premium" option.

Please update your profile to display your location. Thanks.

· Registered
229 Posts
That's a pretty good deal and should become more common going forward. The A5/S5 are available in much better supply and are not moving as quickly as they were previously. They are still in high demand and supply has not caught up but just like all the other automakers Audi is not immune to this worldwide economic slowdown.

I have been doing weekly checks on all my local dealers inventory and all of them have multiple A5's and S5's available. The closest dealer to me received 6 A5's and 4 S5's about 3 weeks ago and has only sold 1 A5 since then.

Where are you located? Which dealer gave you that deal?

· Registered
6,346 Posts
What is the 'Premium' option we don't have this in UK.

· Registered
3,586 Posts
What is the 'Premium' option we don't have this in UK.
Premium package on the US spec A5 includes:
  • Homelink garage door opener
  • Xenon plus headlights
  • LED daytime running lamps
  • Autodimming & manual folding exterior mirrors
  • Autodimming interior mirror w/ compass
  • Heated front seats
  • Memory for driver seat and mirror

Attachments

· Registered
6,346 Posts
Thanks for the info. The cost of options seems far cheaper in the US! I think the Premium package is a bargain, when you add up the bits (I have most excluding Homelink) they cost over double even at £1 -$1.50 !!

· Registered
22 Posts
$1K over invoice sounds like a great deal. Let us know where you're located, since this seems to differ significantly by location. When I ordered, it was pretty close to sticker, so if the "out-the-door" prices have dropped considerably, it may be time to renegotiate with the dealer. Expecting my A5 in the next week or two.

· Registered
871 Posts
What do you mean by invoice price as opposed to mrsp. When you say 1000 over invoice do you mean you got 1000 off the invoice price or you paid 1000 more. :confused:

· Registered
3,586 Posts
What do you mean by invoice price as opposed to mrsp. When you say 1000 over invoice do you mean you got 1000 off the invoice price or you paid 1000 more. :confused:
Maybe you use different terminology in the UK, but in the States "invoice" refers to "dealer invoice" (i.e., what the dealership had to pay for the car). So, if a customer buys the car for $1,000 over invoice, the dealership is essentially only making $1,000 off that deal.

· Registered
871 Posts
Its clear now, thanks for that :)

· Registered
31 Posts
I just got the A5 at $600 over invoice. Nice!!

· Registered
33 Posts
I was able to get $2165 off of sticker ($800 over the invoice they showed me) for the A5 I just custom ordered yesterday. The key for me was using United Buying Service (UBS) and then negotiating down from that price.

My A5 will have Premium, S-Line, Nav, and Tech.

· Registered
6,346 Posts
Maybe you use different terminology in the UK, but in the States "invoice" refers to "dealer invoice" (i.e., what the dealership had to pay for the car). So, if a customer buys the car for $1,000 over invoice, the dealership is essentially only making $1,000 off that deal.
I understand that but to suggest the dealership is only making $1000 cannot be correct. There are all sorts of other dealer incentives in the Motor Trade and I would expect the real 'profit' to be way in excess of $1000.

Cheers
RG;)

· Registered
750 Posts
That's true. Dealer "invoice" is not the actual wholesale cost of the car. Dealers get bonuses on volume among other things.

· Registered
6,346 Posts
ccompton

So what's with the marks on your Phantom paint. TXGuy reckons it's hard to maintain and keep nice as opposed to 'Ibis White' . What are you doing giving us Phantoms a bad name.

IMHO Wash, rinse, chamois, polish occasionally.. the rinse is most important to avoid swirly marks.

I reckon by the way that there is about £2-3k in the sale of an A5/S5. Does anyone know? Certainly I got nearly £5k off.

Cheers

RG

· Registered
1,295 Posts
Thanks for the info. The cost of options seems far cheaper in the US! I think the Premium package is a bargain, when you add up the bits (I have most excluding Homelink) they cost over double even at £1 -$1.50 !!
I've actually never seen an A5 in the US without the Premium package. Dealers order their non-presold cars with what they think are 'popular' configurations, so I think you'd actually have to special order it to not have these things! That being said, it means that the ~40k USD base price is irrelevant since nobody buys a base car.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.