Audi A5 Forum & Audi S5 Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
204 Posts
It's funny, that article brings up the same problem I've been having with the clutch pedal. It has a looooong throw. Don't get me wrong, I love my car but I fiddle with the seat adjustment almost everytime I climb in. I wish the distance to the floor could be cut in half. That would make for much quicker shifts.

·
Registered
441 Posts
I wish the distance to the floor could be cut in half. That would make for much quicker shifts.
LOL... I have been doing the same thing, and have not seen one post about this! It's really not a hassle, but I can never find the correct seat position.

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Here's a question for the two of you. My A5 is an auto, so I can't readily answer this myself, but...when I have a larger bottle in the front cup holder, I find I have to reach around in an awkward manner to adjust the MMI and such. Do you have similar issues when trying to shift, or do you just forgo using the holder? Just curious. Thanks.

·
Registered
182 Posts
i can put a standard soda-bottle-sized drink in the front holder without impeding my shifting at all.. no idea if a larger bottle would get in the way, i've never needed that much liquid for my commute :)

·
Registered
204 Posts
A water bottle does suck for shifting. I usually have the armrest up a few notches to combat that. If you have one in the rear cup holder it is really hard to shift... it gets in the way. Why is the second cup holder so dam small? Did the engineers drink a lot of Red Bull when designing it? That is really all that cup holder is good for.

·
Registered
55 Posts
he said something bout the sunroof being small? if i remember my test-car correctly it had a huge panoramic sunroof that could open just a squeak. did audi change something?

·
Registered
3,586 Posts
he said something bout the sunroof being small? if i remember my test-car correctly it had a huge panoramic sunroof that could open just a squeak. did audi change something?
No, the size of the sunroof has not changed for 2009 models. It still has the huge panoramic sunroof. His comment about the sunroof being "tiny" doesn't make much sense to me. :confused: But then again, he's trying to compare it to an entire roof made of glass. Whatever.

"One shortcoming, the sunroof is tiny compared to the nearly all-glass roofs found in many cars today. It almost seems retro, and is one of only two major flaws I found in the S5."

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
"One shortcoming, the sunroof is tiny compared to the nearly all-glass roofs found in many cars today. It almost seems retro, and is one of only two major flaws I found in the S5."[/QUOTE]

I had to laugh at that because I was wondering "what" sunroof HE was looking at. IMO, even though it only tilts, the sunroof is the perfect size.

Blacky: I've found that the tiny cup holder will hold one of those covered coffe cups that have a narrow bottom (see attached pic). The cup handle sits out of the way, so it works nice. Good for those longer, early morning commutes. :)

Attachments

·
Registered
457 Posts
That was a pretty good article

·
Registered
384 Posts
Someone needs to email this dude about the sunroof. It's big.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts