Audi A5 Forum & Audi S5 Forum banner

21 - 37 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
MRC are in Banbury - give them a call (not sure if they’re open though) or message them on FB. See what the score is.

What’s the mileage on your S5?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Yeah may well do.. I never knew there was a walnut clean.. I thought it was just a 'bog standard' clean with a typical product... (shows my noobness)
Mileage is almost touching 108k

·
Registered
523 Posts
Yeah may well do.. I never knew there was a walnut clean.. I thought it was just a 'bog standard' clean with a typical product... (shows my noobness)
Mileage is almost touching 108k
Yeah defo needs doing mate - you’ll feel a big difference when it’s done - can release a few horses too. It will naturally drop in power with carbon build up

·
Registered
29 Posts
Yeah defo needs doing mate - you’ll feel a big difference when it’s done - can release a few horses too. It will naturally drop in power with carbon build up

It defo does need doing, I guess I won't know any difference til' it's done as I haven't a clue how the motor performed before me. It does effin go though, it's an amazing machine to say the least. Thanks for the help mate. (y)

·
Registered
50 Posts
It defo does need doing, I guess I won't know any difference til' it's done as I haven't a clue how the motor performed before me. It does effin go though, it's an amazing machine to say the least. Thanks for the help mate. (y)
It's bloody pricey mate, previous owner had the walnut clean done on mine about a year or so ago and along with the Milltek system and a faulty injector it was over £3K!

·
Registered
29 Posts
It's bloody pricey mate, previous owner had the walnut clean done on mine about a year or so ago and along with the Milltek system and a faulty injector it was over £3K!
Blimey...

My Milltek system and remap was over 1.3k!
Trouble is you don't necessarily realise how much you spend until you look at your old invoices.......which i've just done:ROFLMAO:

·
Registered
50 Posts
Hahahaha heart attack!

The walnut blast is basically walnut blasted at the buildup which clears it out. Has been known to get a lot of power back on higher mileage cars.

·
Premium Member
2,336 Posts
Lol poor new member S5HERTS is now wishing he did not ask the question in the first place!!!! Listen, you can try a quick Carbon Clean first which should improve things, Cuppa on here is an expert, read it up!!

·
Registered
2008 MY09 Audi S5
20 Posts
Blimey...

My Milltek system and remap was over 1.3k!
Trouble is you don't necessarily realise how much you spend until you look at your old invoices.......which i've just done:ROFLMAO:
See my post here about walnut blast carbon clean.. really the only way to do it.

·
Registered
61 Posts
I think that the main answer to your question, especially for a car which is not new like ours, is to pump in some good ol TLC to start to get back what your car may have lost over the years of her life. So my advice is to start with a FULL service so changing all of the filters and fluids, to start with, and then write everything down and run the car for at least a week and or X miles.
Then have the car fitted with a BMC or other air filter (the material rather than paper ones) to allow her to breath better. Again try her for a few days and note any changes you feel.
Then change all 8 spark plugs for new ones (again, always a top brand like NGK or similar) and see how she feels.
I would also suggest a carbon clean although the V8 engine is not noted for these problems, but probably worth it.

Etc. I think that new tyres, shocks, and stuff are all worth it when you are talking about an older car. Tuning on a normally aspirated engine is not gonna gain more than a few horses, I understand. Have fun and tell us what you do!!
Absolutely spot on.
The S5 in the thread start sounds like the 4.2 V8. So options are:
1) Full service. Then get a dyno run and see if any horses are still missing
2) If horses missing then bottle of redex in the fuel (has been proven to get horses back by cleaning injectors)
3) If horses still missing then look at walnut clean and/ or terraclean (or equivilant) as well
4) NOS kit - will make that engine work!
5) If after all that and the horses are all back but you still want to go quicker (0-60 etc) then limited options with the 4.2 V8 S5 are:

a) Fit a supercharger
b) Sell the S5 and buy an RS5
c) Sell the S5 and find a quicker car

·
Registered
9,067 Posts

·
Registered
9,067 Posts
Very disappointed.....found a very sensible solution and absolutely no reaction.
Not from the OP and even worse, nothing from the regulars either.

BASTARDS!

I know I got a thumbs up from. SAVS......but no Vaseline, so most unwelcome.

I can only assume I confused you all by posting about a car so is this any better?

·
Premium Member
2,336 Posts
Thanks Racks mate we needed that.....

·
Registered
29 Posts
Very disappointed.....found a very sensible solution and absolutely no reaction.
Not from the OP and even worse, nothing from the regulars either.

BASTARDS!

I know I got a thumbs up from. SAVS......but no Vaseline, so most unwelcome.

I can only assume I confused you all by posting about a car so is this any better?
That's a lovely one for the wankbank.. night all

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3003 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
547 Posts
Don't think you'll impress many with these @rackingman, they're getting browsed number of times during lockdown😂😂

·
Registered
251 Posts
Personally I would start with a good service and maybe change coil packs. A decent air filter and a can of BG44K will help clear fuel lines(redex wont),and then take it for a rolling road health check(Mrc do this for £90)
Walnut blasting is expensive and seems to work better on the 4.2 tfsi engines.
Check out the link below and then give it some thought.

21 - 37 of 37 Posts