Audi A5 Forum & Audi S5 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
now that they have credited me i can tell you guys...

I received the gmg carbon rear valence last week and immediately (10min later) sent it back. They overcharged me (invoice amount more than advertised on web site), sent me the wrong parts (rear splitter instead of front splitter), and the quality was IMO SH!T. When I held the valence up to the light I could see through it in some places. There was some glue showing around the splitter and there was no carbon laid above the splitter. For $1145 I expected the parts to be perfect and OEM looking. I didnt want to install bc, again IMO, it would have cheapened the look of the car. Plus they charged me a 25% restocking fee and I got screwed on shipping the parts back. Only got back $895 of $1145 and it cost me an additional $126 to ship back.

Going to have my Milltek bolted on in a couple hours. Hopefully that goes smooth.

·
Registered
196 Posts
If the parts you ordered were not properly manufactured, you should be entitled to a 100% refund. The fault is theirs, not yours and your return was not out of line. I would file a claim in small claims court---the cost is minimal and, while I doubt they would show up to defend themselves, they will have a very difficult time selling anything in your state if they have a judgement against them. I would notify them before I file the claim and insist the return postage be refunded. I would think enough members of this forum would stay away from them and seriously affect their business. You might consider sending your experience to some other forums (BMW, Porsche, VW).
Sorry about your misfortune. I am sure many of the A5/S5 member will back you up.

·
Registered
432 Posts
I have done business with them and had no problems. Maybe they are hit or miss?

·
Registered
1,295 Posts
I've heard stories that they are shady, but no personal experience to back that up. That being said, you could tell just from the low res website pics that the carbon fiber was going to be cheesy. Senner Tuning ftw. I traded some emails with someone over there, they will gladly ship to the US. Even with overseas freight, it still comes out at comparable cost to the GMG products.

-Ray

·
Registered
457 Posts
Woah, that blows. Maybe a hit and a miss? A lot of the Porsche owners on 6speed swear by GMG.

My own personal experience has been great. The down-pipes I ordered, received, and installed look and have performed like champions. Nothing negative to report and I received them in less than 2 days w/ regular shipping.

·
Registered
536 Posts
This blows because the GMG exhaust is my fave sounding exhaust. I guess I will just have to hope for the best.

·
Registered
384 Posts
I would never order any body kit or carbon fiber attachments for the car, it's going to "cheapen" the look because it's a luxury sports model not a ricer. Besides I think that the carbon fiber trims they offer are hardly noticeable and especially to people not knowledgeable about the car.

·
Registered
1,295 Posts
I would never order any body kit or carbon fiber attachments for the car, it's going to "cheapen" the look because it's a luxury sports model not a ricer. Besides I think that the carbon fiber trims they offer are hardly noticeable and especially to people not knowledgeable about the car.
Everybody is entitled to their own opinion, but I personally think the grey plastic valance is the cheapest looking part of the car and hardly screams 'luxury'. I don't see how a high quality carbon fiber piece like Senner's cheapens the Pontiac GTO look of the factory S5 valance.

The V8 badge on the side is #2 on my 'cheap things that don't belong on a $60k car' list.

-Ray

·
Registered
384 Posts
The point is that people aren't going to pay attention to your valence, trust me. Buy some wheels and people will look at them. Don't overdo the car. It already looks great from the factory.

Edit: V8 symbol is fine on the side. Mercedes does the same thing with $190,000 cars. I think your logic is flawed here.

Regarding this, I think you are just basing all your information off of pictures. Once you get the car you will be happy with stock aspects. I've learned not to judge cars from the pictures because they look different in reality.

·
Registered
8 Posts
now that they have credited me i can tell you guys...

I received the gmg carbon rear valence last week and immediately (10min later) sent it back. They overcharged me (invoice amount more than advertised on web site), sent me the wrong parts (rear splitter instead of front splitter), and the quality was IMO SH!T. When I held the valence up to the light I could see through it in some places. There was some glue showing around the splitter and there was no carbon laid above the splitter. For $1145 I expected the parts to be perfect and OEM looking. I didnt want to install bc, again IMO, it would have cheapened the look of the car. Plus they charged me a 25% restocking fee and I got screwed on shipping the parts back. Only got back $895 of $1145 and it cost me an additional $126 to ship back.

Going to have my Milltek bolted on in a couple hours. Hopefully that goes smooth.

Clementii

Lets recap what actually happened. Although, I am not surprised that you would post in such a manner.

You and I both spoke on the phone and I took your order. I explained the product to you . I also told you I had it on my S5.

The order was processed as soon as it arrived from the composite shop.

You called me and explained thatyou didnt want the parts and there was a mistake on the order itself which I told you I would take care of and did. I refunded you the full amount for the part that was incorrectly shipped and billed.
Sorry about that, it was a simple mistake of a new part that was in our system and entered incorrectly.

You were charged a re-stocking fee because there was actually nothing wrong with the rear valance itself and you simply did not want it anymore.

I told you what our policy was on return items and you said "Ok".You were fine with that and you were refunded accordingly once the parts arrived back at our facility.Our policy is no different than any other vendors policy in this business.

I have the same exact part on my car and anyone is more than welcome to come and inspect it. Additionally we have sold and installed several of the components in the US and world wide with no problems or complaints. My S5 is at the shop everyday and is always available for anyone to come by and have a look at it.

While we are certainly not perfect we do try and help out the Audi community as best we can with knowledgeable staff and quality parts. We invest into the brand and the cars, thats why we were the first US based tuner to actually modify the S5 not to mention the fact that we also took delivery of the car back in Oct 07. Way ahead of mostly everyone else.
Take a look at our website www.gmgracing.com we are not a small fly by night shop looking to make a few bucks on some bad parts and disappear into the night.

I am sorry you were not satisfied with the product you purchased from us, we wanted to make you happy but could not for what ever reason. Everyone is entitled to there opinion but coming on a forum and slamming a vendor or product without presenting all the facts without bias is not fair to the members of this board or the vendor/product you have had an issue with.

If anyone else has had a problem please do not hesitate to pick up the phone and call me directly or simply send me an email we will do anything we can to help address your concearns and take care of any issues.

Good luck with your S5 its a great car , I surely LOVE mine!

Fabryce Kutyba
Co-Owner & VP
GMG
www.gmgracing.com
714-432-1582
e; [email protected]

·
Registered
1,730 Posts
Well said Fabryce - I think we should all be cautious about possibly misrepresenting situations like this, particularly when involving suppliers who have a reputation they're proud to protect. It's also unfair to other forumees, many of who participate in this forum to gain an educated and balanced view of how to gain the most from their cherished possession.

Clementi, sounds like you and Fabryce should get together on the phone and iron things out......

·
Registered
1,295 Posts
This is going a bit off topic, but rest assured I get back to the valance at the end, I promise. =P

Edit: V8 symbol is fine on the side. Mercedes does the same thing with $190,000 cars. I think your logic is flawed here.
We can agree to disagree, I don't like it on Mercedes either. I think as a whole a lot of cars are getting too "badgey". The badges themselves have become status symbols, especially with Mercedes, which is why there's such a huge market for AMG/Brabus/Lorinser badges, etc, most of which will end up placed on cars that don't have the associated equipment.

Mainly, I hate when a badge becomes part of a car's identity because people focus too much on it, like the Honda guys when they swoon at a VTEC emblem. The engine is not even one of the highlights of the S5. The power is above adequate, but at 259 whp (according to AWE) it dynos less than a V6 Lexus IS350 (263-275 whp according to Dragtimes.com). So why distract from the otherwise breathtaking aesthetic by pointing out something that's honestly not all that impressive?

It would make more sense to have the Quattro badge there, or something that's actually noteworthy. I like the S-Line badge on the A5's. But yeah, I think the 'V8' emblem is fairly cheesy and will probably remove mine. I'm glad the S5's in the US don't come with the "4.2" emblem on the back; I would remove that also.

Regarding this, I think you are just basing all your information off of pictures. Once you get the car you will be happy with stock aspects. I've learned not to judge cars from the pictures because they look different in reality.
I concede this point. I don't hate the stock valance, but at the same time I don't think going CF cheapens it or makes it look ricey.

-Ray

·
Registered
1,184 Posts
Nice post Fabryce! For what it's worth, my dealings with you guys have been great, and your shop speaks volume.

Having said that, where's my GIAC tune!?!? :D

·
Registered
290 Posts
what rims are on the pic of the s5 from the rear????? (the pic in SupraBlur's post)

·
Registered
290 Posts
know anywhere i can get them in the US-and anyone know prices....(im gunna go do some research(those look sick IMO))

·
Registered
384 Posts

·
Registered
457 Posts
Nice post Fabryce! For what it's worth, my dealings with you guys have been great, and your shop speaks volume.

Having said that, where's my GIAC tune!?!? :D
You mean our GIAC tune...I've been harassing Fabryce on 6speed for it since god knows when.

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Hey Fabryce, once again IMO the part looked like SH!T and thats why I sent it back. I didnt anticipate the return so I didnt even think twice about the restocking fee when you mentioned it. You should have refunded me in full though because I ate shipping both ways and you did make 2 mistakes on the order (wrong price, wrong part). Have fun collecting your restocking fees and gluck selling your parts.

milltek from stratmosphere and install by ASR engineering - 0 problems! great companies.

HR springs and forged wheels from 360 forged - no problems. highly recommend!

gmg - never again.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts