Audi A5 Forum & Audi S5 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After falling asleep at page 2 of the handbook, I've not bothered with the rest of it. So I was suprised to find by accident that when the switch for the electric mirrors is in the position for adjusting the passenger side, when you are in reverse the mirror moves down to look at the kerb! Then moves back to it's normal position when you drive off. Technology - fantastic!

Has anyone found any gismos they didn't know about?

·
Registered
735 Posts
After falling asleep at page 2 of the handbook, I've not bothered with the rest of it. So I was suprised to find by accident that when the switch for the electric mirrors is in the position for adjusting the passenger side, when you are in reverse the mirror moves down to look at the kerb! Then moves back to it's normal position when you drive off. Technology - fantastic!

Has anyone found any gismos they didn't know about?
Ah :eek:

I really must read the manual too - was wondering how to make it do that :eek:

·
Registered
3,586 Posts

·
Registered
220 Posts
My 04 A6 and 02 A6 both did this too. It's not new just a hidden gismo that my neighbor actually noticed.

·
Registered
80 Posts
My 01 M3 does it too - new to you, sir:)

·
Registered
45 Posts
I think this Gizmo thing is a good idea - maybe someone can come up with a cheat sheet for this? One document to list all the gizmo's - we can all try to contribute. Searching won't help if it's not something you thought about - so maybe someone will list something that we all didn't even know existed.

I'm guilty of not reading the manual (actually, I flipped through it watching a movie) but I hate to read so this would be good in my opinion! Anyone else???

·
Registered
80 Posts
I think this Gizmo thing is a good idea - maybe someone can come up with a cheat sheet for this? One document to list all the gizmo's - we can all try to contribute. Searching won't help if it's not something you thought about - so maybe someone will list something that we all didn't even know existed.

I'm guilty of not reading the manual (actually, I flipped through it watching a movie) but I hate to read so this would be good in my opinion! Anyone else???
Good idea Tony, I was just thinking of a couple:

You don't have to disengage the electronic handbrake before setting off, just drive away and it disengages automatically. Same with Hill Hold.
Sun glasses (or regular glasses) holder near the mirror.

How about we make this the thread and everyone has the opportunity to contribute. Once it is exhausted, a sheet could be put together. Good idea in the first place IJS5.

·
Registered
80 Posts
At least on the US spec, the handbrake will only disengage IFF you have your seatbelt on... i had an embarassing episode with this one morning...
Yep, Same here.

·
Registered
298 Posts
At least on the US spec, the handbrake will only disengage IFF you have your seatbelt on... i had an embarassing episode with this one morning...
Thats funny, because mine disengages whether I have the seat belt on or not. In fact the car is fully functional without the belt on (not that I am going anywhere without it on). I have never tried in reverse though. Then again, are you talking auto disengage or manual as well? I have only done it manually without the belt on.

·
Registered
80 Posts
Also doesn't auto disengage in reverse (my typical method of leaving the garage in the morning unless I haven't had my coffee!)
Did for me. I tested it yesterday :)

·
Registered
435 Posts
The Automatic Brake only releases when releasing the clutch slowly and smoothly. If you release the clutch too fast it thinks your foot slipped and keeps you clamped.

I haven't tested the seat belt part.

·
Registered
315 Posts
my favorite. MMI>car setup>seat adjustment>passenger>symmetry

It moves ur passenger seat to exactly drivers seat position.

·
Super Moderator
1,277 Posts
So I was suprised to find by accident that when the switch for the electric mirrors is in the position for adjusting the passenger side, when you are in reverse the mirror moves down to look at the kerb! Then moves back to it's normal position when you drive off. Technology - fantastic!
I didn't realize this either. I also didn't realize that if you turn it clockwise again you can fold in the mirrors!

Did for me. I tested it yesterday :)
Yeah, you're right. Turns out mine auto-disengages in reverse as well...I just haven't had my seatbelt on! I'm on of those who does three things while backing out the driveway.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.