Audi A5 Forum & Audi S5 Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone experienced their Fan Speed on their AC's changing? If I change my Fan Speed from 3 to 4 and see it on the screen at 4 before it goes off, five minutes later when I notice it blowing more than what Fan Speed 4 should be, I hit the Fan Speed button to check, only to see that the Fan Speed is now on 5. When changing the speed slower it will aslo move one speed slower a few minutes later... I have actually kept the screen up and watched the Fan Speed change on its own. Is this a normal characteristic or operation for our AC systems??? Thanks!!

·
Registered
2,046 Posts
If the climate control is set to 'auto' it should adjust the temperature and fan speed itself (std Audi function). Although normally when you manually adjust, it turns the auto off. I've been in audis for 10 years and they have all worked this way. I haven't got my A5 yet, so maybe they have made some changes...?

·
Registered
75 Posts
oh no the infamous german electrical gremlins =(
very notorious in bmw's and mb's...
i had a problem with my bmw where the fan was on, but nothing came out of the vents...
problem just fixed itself..very odd.
good luck, and just like what ian said, if you select ur own fan speed the auto should be over riden..hmmm

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Correct to all... I am not in Auto mode.. Manual mode seems to adjust fan speed all on it own... hmmm

·
Registered
75 Posts
if it were running on a windows platform i'd tell you to reboot the machine...hehe...

definitely take it in...update us

1 - 5 of 5 Posts