Audi A5 Forum & Audi S5 Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,696 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I finally sorted out the finance today, signed the paperwork and sent back by fax. Worked out slightly cheaper than I originally thought too:) . I've also sorted the insurance to pick the car up on Wednesday 2 Jan (used the 7 day free insurance from Audi UK to get me going).

I've seen that there seem to be a lot of people in the UK getting their cars that day - could be the biggest single rise in actual ownership this site has seen yet! Guess there will be quite a few more when the 08 plates come in too though.

Anyone else scheduled for delivery on 02/01/08? (Apologies to all in the States - that's 2nd Jan, not 1st Feb!)

·
Registered
2,335 Posts
I'm end of January. I'll take the car straight away, garage is willing to hold the car till it becomes 08 reg but I can't be assed waiting, too impatient :)

·
Premium Member
860 Posts
I'm hoping to pick mine up on 5 Jan as I have to wait for DVLA to sort out my reg transfer :( . I must admit that I am getting quite excited - especially now that Christmas is all done and dusted for another year.

·
Registered
493 Posts
I finally sorted out the finance today, signed the paperwork and sent back by fax. Worked out slightly cheaper than I originally thought too:) . I've also sorted the insurance to pick the car up on Wednesday 2 Jan (used the 7 day free insurance from Audi UK to get me going).

I've seen that there seem to be a lot of people in the UK getting their cars that day - could be the biggest single rise in actual ownership this site has seen yet! Guess there will be quite a few more when the 08 plates come in too though.

Anyone else scheduled for delivery on 02/01/08? (Apologies to all in the States - that's 2nd Jan, not 1st Feb!)
After getting the car I hope that you will post some pictures :) :) !!! congrats !!! :)

·
Registered
155 Posts

snap 5.30pm after work, bet i'm last, ah well

·
Registered
677 Posts
I will also pick up my car on January 2nd. It came in the morning I was leaving for holiday. I did go see it and do a "demo drive" in my own car. I get back to town on the evening of January 1st so the morning of the 2nd back to the dealer to pick up my new baby.

It does help with the property taxes though.

·
Registered
26 Posts
I get mine on the 2nd Jan at 5pm, the sales guy tried to sell me a £300 Autoglym lifeshine package, my car is red with 19's, does anyone know of this, is it worth the £300???

·
Registered
2,335 Posts
I get mine on the 2nd Jan at 5pm, the sales guy tried to sell me a £300 Autoglym lifeshine package, my car is red with 19's, does anyone know of this, is it worth the £300???
You should have asked them to throw it in for you seeing as they aren't giving any discounts on the cars. I'm going to try it, see what happens.

·
Registered
1,696 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
You should have asked them to throw it in for you seeing as they aren't giving any discounts on the cars. I'm going to try it, see what happens.
ICZ_15,

I'm getting my dealer to put the Autoglym on. I know there are others with a poor opinion of it, but we'll see how it goes. My previous S4 which I bought from the same dealer had a product called A-Glaze, which was excellent. That time I did get it for free, but only if I took their finance. The paint came up like new after just a quick wash with water beading on the surface. I never polished it in 4+1/2 years, and even left bird droppings on it for extended periods with no ill effect. Excellent product.

I don't know if the Autoglym will be nearly as good as they seem to be different products (the A-Glaze is a polymer which penetrates the top few microns of the paint - not sure about Autoglym.)

Saj,
I tried to get this thrown in for free, but no dice, expecially as I didn't trade my old S4 in to the dealer, didn't take their finance and I'm not taking their GAP insurance, so the dealer's profit margin is already fairly eroded!;)

However, for ICZ_15, £300 is pretty cheap as my dealer is charging me £395 for it. You can buy the kit on eBay for £55 and do it yourself though - can't be bothered myself, I want to drive my car the first few days I get it, not wash it! You also lose the 4 year paint guarantee that comes with it if you do it yourself.

I'll let you know what I think of it when I get my car on Wednesday, and then how it lasts over the next few months.

·
Registered
155 Posts
no it is not the products they use retail at about £70 and you can do it yourself and they do at least a car and a half. Buy direct from Autoglym

·
Registered
155 Posts
"You also lose the 4 year paint guarantee that comes with it if you do it yourself"

Scratch what would you want this for don't Audi g'tee the paint???

·
Registered
26 Posts
Got the car today.... impressed!!!!!!!

Got my deposit on the RS5, position 4 in N. Ireland, cant wait!!!

·
Registered
677 Posts
Got the car today.... impressed!!!!!!!

Got my deposit on the RS5, position 4 in N. Ireland, cant wait!!!
I am at position 1 at my dealer for the RS5. I figure it will be available Fall/ Winter 2009 for the US market.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts