Audi A5 Forum & Audi S5 Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Guys -

I went by the dealership and I found out my car is at the port in Germany as of May 13, 2008. The ETA in the dealer's system for arrival at my dealership in Philadelphia is June 30, 2008. Does anyone know if this is a conservative estimate, and if so, when should I really expect my car?

Thanks,
NP

·
Registered
247 Posts
I think it is a conservative estimate since they add the max times it would be possible for it to arrive. I believe it largely depends on your place on the boat, front/back, and then the journey is about 10-12 days from port to port.

Another thing, just because it is *at* the port does not mean it is sailing yet, and may be sitting there for a few days... all in all I don't think you will be waiting until June 30 but you never know these days :) good luck

·
Registered
220 Posts
My guess is that your car will be at the dealer for delivery around the 10th of June. Don't get your hopes up but I think it will beat the schedule. I hope it does too because the sooner the better you get your hands on it.

·
Registered
17 Posts
My car arrived at port in Germany at the end of March and made it to my dealer the first week in May, so I'd say 5-6 weeks is a pretty fair estimate of elapsed time. As other have mentioned, there are many variables that can affect the time. My dealer told me the car was coming in through the port in Rhode Island but when I looked at the sticker it said the port of Wilmington.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Nishan54: I believe our cars may be on the same boat!.. My status is intransit from factory right now and system eta is 6/30 as well (Chicago, IL). My dealer mentioned 6/16 is a realistic possibility. Am not betting on anything but keeping fingers crossed. Please keep us posted if you find out anything further. Cheers

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited)
rferni: Talked to my dealer on Saturday and he told me my car had shipped as of May 17th, and that the car would be at the Port of Baltimore on June 4th with delivery to the dealership shortly thereafter. Hope this helps!

·
Registered
15 Posts
Here's what my dealer just sent in an email, "So I do have good news!
Your S5 is scheduled to arrive at port on the 3rd of June. And to arrive
at our dealership on the week of the 16th, which means it could get here
as early as the 9th or as late as the 21st. These are all estimates of
course since the cars are still on the water as we speak." But I'm on the West Coast.... is my car on the same boat as you East Coasters?

S5 / Phantom Black / Tuscan Brown / Tiptronic / 100% Decked Out

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
dsdoying: I am not sure if your car comes to the Port of Baltimore. If it does not, it definitely is not in the same boat. Moreover, my dealer told me that it should only take a "couple of days" for my car to travel from Port to the dealership. I would presume that if your car's travel time from port to SFO is 6 to 18 days, that the port of arrival is either somewhere on the southern U.S. coastline (e.g., Houston or Louisiana) or the eastern U.S. coastline (e.g., Baltimore).

Does anyone know if all Audi's arrive from Germany at the Port of Baltimore, irregardless of their final destination?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts