Audi A5 Forum & Audi S5 Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all

there has been a couple of times I’ve started my car up and I got a warning come up saying ‘gearbox malfunction you can continue driving’ see manual. I checked the manual and it doesn’t explain much more than the error message that is displayed.

it’s only happened a couple of times and neither has it affected driving so just wanted to see if anyone else has had this? Saw there were a few post online about this subject but most mention ‘limited Driving’ which mine doesn’t say.

any advice welcome

cheers

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
yeah its weird i started it up again this morning and nothing, no malfunction message appears... last night when it happened i was stationary for a few minutes after starting up and that's when it pinged with the message. I think that's how it happened last time? so maybe it has something to do with being stationary for too long after start up...

Eitherway im going on a long drive next week so im a bit worried about it now...

·
Registered
1,688 Posts
A 2017 S5 will have a ZF torque converter gearbox. They are less complicated than the dual clutch types which is probably why there is no restriction in the message. Treat it as an "amber" type warning that doesn't need immediate action but you should take it to a service centre in the near future. I haven't paid much attention to B9 issues but I am fairly sure I have read that Audi now have a software update for the gearbox.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks all
A 2017 S5 will have a ZF torque converter gearbox. They are less complicated than the dual clutch types which is probably why there is no restriction in the message. Treat it as an "amber" type warning that doesn't need immediate action but you should take it to a service centre in the near future. I haven't paid much attention to B9 issues but I am fairly sure I have read that Audi now have a software update for the gearbox.
thanks for your advise I will do just that! Appreciate it

1 - 7 of 7 Posts