Audi A5 Forum & Audi S5 Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys A5 V6 tronic Automatic,I’m not happy with the slight clunk when moving from N to D ? I had a gearbox service at Audi only last year and all was good but I think the transition could be smoother when going from N to D and when sitting in traffic it’s not really smooth when moving off in small increments from stand start ! If nailing it from stand start it’s excellent though. Is there something that can be done to aid this ?
Regards. Mark.

·
Premium Member
3,722 Posts
Hiya Mark!! I guess that you have the 3.2 V6 petrol right?? I had one for several years and really enjoyed her. I suggest that you do NOT need to worry cos as I understand (and in my experience) this "slush" box is very reliable, I drove mine from 100k to 200k kms without issues. I too had a hesitation when moving off from rest and I thought that the 'box was on the way out. I visited a mate who runs a fleet of exotics for rent and when he drove my A5 he told me what was needed.

Simply put the car up on a ramp. Remove the gearbox filler bolt and add some transmission oil to super full as even 100mL can make a difference. BET you that your gearbox then behaves as it should. PLEASE let me know!!! Simon

1 - 2 of 2 Posts