Audi A5 Forum & Audi S5 Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3.0 V6 TDI Quattro S Line Cabriolet
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Guy's

I've recently (A week ago) bought an 2010 A5 3.0 V6 TDI S Line Quattro Cabriolet with 90k on the clock, it runs like a dream and I'm loving the car already, I have two questions, firstly when I bought the car the advert said it was an s tronic but when I look the car up on the government and dvla websites it's referred as an cvt? But I can change gears and secondly I've been told it doesn't need a yearly service, is this true?

Any help would be gratefully received, thanks

·
Registered
538 Posts
The one sure way to find out what transmission you have is to take a look at the options sticker/label inside your trunk. The transmission code in the example below is HUP KGY. You can then do a search for audi transmission code "hup kgy" to determine exactly which transmission you have.

As for service interval, it may not require yearly service but every few years. If someone tells you the transmission never requires fluid changes, they might be correct according to Audi, but incorrect if you want to keep the transmission in good health past the warranty period.

Font Number Monochrome Paper Document

·
Administrator
4,620 Posts
the coding on the sticker is not always correct.
my A5 is definitevely an S-tronic, but the sticker says Tiptronic.
your sticker shows 0G7 = Tiptronic, just like mine.

how many gears do you have ?
6 gears would be Tiptronic
7 gears is S-tronic
is yr car a quattro ?

edit:
type MNJ looks like S-tronic to me

you can check this topic:

·
Premium Member
3,437 Posts
I dont think that the CVT box is fitted to the 3.0TDi??? My old 3.2 V6 petrol was CVT, and that had 8 speeds and could be changed manually on the stick.

Reactions: Gaz79

·
Registered
44 Posts
I've got exactly the same year and model of car, and it is absolutely the dual-clutch s-tronic 👍 I'm pretty sure the V6 TDI quattro only came with that gearbox. My log book also says CVT, but that's cobblers!

You need to change the transmission oil about every 30k from memory, it's well worth doing if you're not sure when it was last done.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
the coding on the sticker is not always correct.
my A5 is definitevely an S-tronic, but the sticker says Tiptronic.
your sticker shows 0G7 = Tiptronic, just like mine.

how many gears do you have ?
6 gears would be Tiptronic
7 gears is S-tronic
is yr car a quattro ?

edit:
type MNJ looks like S-tronic to me

you can check this topic:
Thanks pal, yea it's the S Tronic box thankfully, from what I've read and discovered it's basically the dsg box that VW are now using

·
Registered
538 Posts
Yes, you can think that your Audi is using a VW transmission, or you can think you're driving an Audi with a Porsche transmission... since Porsche is the granddaddy of the dual-clutch transmission.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Yes, you can think that your Audi is using a VW transmission, or you can think you're driving an Audi with a Porsche transmission... since Porsche is the granddaddy of the dual-clutch transmission.

Never actually thought about it that way lol

1 - 9 of 9 Posts