Audi A5 Forum & Audi S5 Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
Audi S5 2011 V6
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Dear Audi Family,

i am in shitty situtaion was driving on a Xmas eve and all of a sudden i had a warninglight come up with gear box malfunction but drive normal with some features might not work .
Now the car is only shifting on Gear ,2,4,6.
Although I have managed to drive my car to a local garage as when I stop car at the traffic light it won't go further Until I restart the engine so I have to restart the engine every time.
The garage guy will look into it tomorrow but he said if it's Mechatronic unit I have to take it to London or Bham.
Could someone please advise me on this.
Also, I notice a grinding sound coming form under the car.
It's a Audi s5 2011 V6 7 gear.
Your help will be appreciated.

·
Registered
98 Posts
S5 is an s-tronic/dsg not the multitronic. Probably the mechatronics unit which has been known to fail on these.

·
Registered
Audi S5 2011 V6
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Please could some one help me with this daignostic report .

Attachments

·
Registered
1,697 Posts
Definitely a mechatronics issue but also both clutchpacks are worn. It might be better to seek a used replacement gearbox than to repair that one.

Reactions: Shuja

·
Registered
Audi S5 2011 V6
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Definitely a mechatronics issue but also both clutchpacks are worn. It might be better to seek a used replacement gearbox than to repair that one.
So i need a used mechatronic? Or gear box ?

·
Premium Member
3,437 Posts
Reactions: Shuja

·
Registered
538 Posts
Mechatronic is part of the transmission. If you are lucky, you can just swap out the mechatronic. However, your report seems to indicate the clutch packs are also worn. So by the time you get a new mechatronic and replace the clutch packs, it'll be $$$.

It's probably cheaper to swap in aother transmission from another used car that's being parted out (e.g. junk yard/salvage).

A brand new transmission might be more than the car's worth at this point.

·
Registered
Audi S5 2011 V6
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·

This was a good video I watch on the transmission, not sure if it will help you @Shuja but it was interesting!
Got a quote to repair quote £2500 plus vat so it will be £3000. Thinking shall I repair it or trade it for 8k can't make my mind. Love the car but too much hassle.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts