Audi A5 Forum & Audi S5 Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Brand new owner of a 2013 S5 3.0T and I'm loving it. But I've noticed that when I start up the car and lightly press on the gas to start driving, I feel something tickling the gas pedal from below. I don't know how to describe it exactly, but its like something is lightly moving below the gas pedal. It goes away immediately after two seconds and only happens at start up. Is this normal?

·
Premium Member
2,383 Posts
I just tried resting a foot on the gas while starting and it seems like it inflates a little and hardens up, is this what you're feeling?

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I just tried resting a foot on the gas while starting and it seems like it inflates a little and hardens up, is this what you're feeling?
I do feel the stiffening of the pedal, but this is a separate feeling that my foot is sensing. It feels like something external to the pedal that's a part of it is given it a bit of a tickle. I might have to just take it to a shop and see if they know what I'm talking about. I've asked around other places and they say it might just be the ABS.

·
Premium Member
2,383 Posts
I do feel the stiffening of the pedal, but this is a separate feeling that my foot is sensing. It feels like something external to the pedal that's a part of it is given it a bit of a tickle. I might have to just take it to a shop and see if they know what I'm talking about. I've asked around other places and they say it might just be the ABS.
Bit of a shot in the dark, but try turning all the traction control off and see if it happens

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Bit of a shot in the dark, but try turning all the traction control off and see if it happens
Thanks I'll try that after work and update!

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Seems like it might've helped a bit? Actually today I didn't feel it as much. It was nearly gone and that's without touching traction control.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Brand new owner of a 2013 S5 3.0T and I'm loving it. But I've noticed that when I start up the car and lightly press on the gas to start driving, I feel something tickling the gas pedal from below. I don't know how to describe it exactly, but its like something is lightly moving below the gas pedal. It goes away immediately after two seconds and only happens at start up. Is this normal?
Me too someone said it might be the driveline but others say it’s the abs test at start up after sitting for awhile

1 - 7 of 7 Posts