Audi A5 Forum & Audi S5 Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
290 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok i live in New York.......and i ordered a Tipronic S5-(and i am being charge the gas guzzler tax)----but someone in one of my other threads had mentioned that only the 6spd s5 gets hit with the gas guzzler tax????

need to know so i can take that extra 1500(i think) and keep it in my pocket lol

·
Registered
50 Posts
2009 S5 with Tip do not get it with the gas guzzler tax. I have this verified by two different dealerships.

·
Registered
290 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
thank you very much............im gunna request a different salesman handle my order now....(maybe the manager himself)-thanks

·
Registered
3,586 Posts
2009 S5 with Tip do not get it with the gas guzzler tax. I have this verified by two different dealerships.
I can confirm that. I got my 2009 S5 Tiptronic about a month ago. The window sticker did not list a gas guzzler tax, and I certainly did not pay one.

·
Registered
198 Posts
This is great news, becuase my dealer was also including the gas guzzler tax of $1,300 in my order.

Hopefully I dont have to argue the point to him that others arn't paying it . . .

·
Registered
536 Posts
Any dealer who thinks that gas guzzler tax is added to an auto S5 is either new, an idiot, are thinks he can get some extra cash under the table. Either way, I wouldn't want to work with that salesman, personally.

·
Registered
196 Posts
Just take the epa form into the dealer with you. They probably have a copy of the reg on site or they can call the local epa office (I'm sure there is one in L.A.) or have them contact Audi of America. The gas guzzler tax must be itemized on the invoice so they will be guilty of fraud if they charge you.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Audi's own 2009 order sheet even says the gas guzzler tax is on manual's only. There is none on 2009 tips and won't be on the window sticker. I am dealing with a dealership now and I seem to know more about this car than they do. They were trying to tell me there was no such color as meteor gray and they can't tell me when their next S5 allocation is but I have it. These sales people seem to have no clue about there own cars. They keep telling me I can get an R8 before and S5. Frustrating to say the least. I can see why people have lost faith in Audi. If it isn't a 4 series they are lost.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts