Audi A5 Forum & Audi S5 Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I need a bit of help. I recently bought a new house with a big yard. The problem is what kind of grass should I put. Any recommendations? And how to take care of it.

·
Registered
9 Posts
If I were you I would opt for fake grass. Natural grass is pain in the a** because it requires a lot of attention and care.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Personally I am against artificial grass because I can't feel comfortable on it, it senses very strange and also I don't like the smell. I have a house with a big yard, I was lazy to sow grass seeds and I decided to put artificial grass. It was the most terrible idea for my yard. Then I bought a fertilizer spreader, prepared the land, and sowed everything quickly. In less than 3 weeks the grass grew up and it was totally different, it was softer, the colour was brighter and the smell was times better. So it is better to have a fertilizer spreader and make everything natural. If you are interested where I bought it, you can check here growgardener.com, they have more models for all sizes and types of lands.

·
Premium Member
2,437 Posts
Bad grass, cos it never dies!!!!

·
Registered
9,072 Posts
Smurks is right. Everyone thinks plastic grass is easy to lay and maintenance free.
Pre laying preparation is time consuming and more exacting than for seed or turf.
It as almost as time consuming and exacting as Pre laying preparation before a night (!) of passion with the missus. And nearly as expensive.
Then all the bird shit, next doors cat shit etc sticks to it and although some might wash off in the rain, the plastic is not exactly renewing itself, is it?
I do understand you may live somewhere where there isn't suitable soil or rainfall but real grass means it needs cutting which means you NEED this....

Oh, and a lawnmower....

·
Premium Member
2,437 Posts
GREAT to see that Racks is back on form eh?????

1 - 7 of 7 Posts