Audi A5 Forum & Audi S5 Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Guys
I am picking up my baby next few weeks, so I am trying to get suitable place with garage - and problems begins- mostly there just single standard garages, I cant see how she will fit in, even if I still got to get out without scratches.. so with Your experience what is suitable garage wide? and maybe silly question but I didnt try it on testdrive; hows auto-folding side mirrors works? can I fold them manualy and drive in by doors?

Thanks

·
Registered
12 Posts
I have a one car garage in the US and my A5 fits in but I drive very slowly. I previously had a G35 and yes I hit the sides of my car on the garage a couple of times when I wasn't paying attention, but learned from my mistakes and I am now very careful. There is a button to fold the mirrors, but I haven't tried it while driving.

·
Premium Member
860 Posts
I have to take great care when putting my car away as the A5 is so much wider (and longer) than my previous E90 B*W. It doesn't help that when the mirrors are folded in, the widest point on the car is the wheel arches - which you obviously can't see when entering or leaving the garage.

As for avoiding damage to the long doors, I have put a piece of thick heavy duty rubber on the wall where the door opens and whilst I try not to let the door hit, it is unavoidable at times.

Getting in and out of the car is easier if you fully open your side window as you can then learn over the top of the door.

·
Registered
12 Posts
I would suggest you need approximately 5 metre wide garage. My garage is 5.2 metres wide and 8 metres long, I can get the car in easily, and open the doors. Hope this helps:rolleyes:

·
Registered
356 Posts
Just put a peace of carpet on de wall where you open your doors.
So they hit the carpet and not the wall.
Mostly park to one side so that you have more room to open the driver's door.

Jarod.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts