Well all the technology exists but it may be too early to get people to accept it, funny how digital displays never really took off big time. I remember when the UR Quattro facelift gained a digital dash as a kid I thought that was the coolest thing I'd ever seen. Now we have them on some of our Renaults (Twingo, Scenic & Espace) and a handful of other brands, I hate them with a passion. BMW have tried to simplify their dashes but they end up looking bland and f'ugly as that dash does in the pics. Clever though.
- there will be obsessive people who have to overclock their GPU and need to measure fps against other owners (I notice Futuremark are involved - they do benchmarking software)
- The 50% of our population which seem to crave constant reassurance of their popularity will create a swathe of fatal accidents because Flossie had just nudged them (or whatever it's called) on the Facebook widget on their dash
- lawyers for the rich and famous will claim that their clients were unaware of that fact that they were doing 180mph down the high street because their dashboard had been infected with a virus or the screen saver just happened to have kicked in
- the same people who got minted selling tacky ringtones for mobile phones will do the same with wallpapers for your dash
- the old joke about Bill Gates designing cars (get out of the car and get back in again) really might come true
- Apple will come late to the game, people will gobble up their iDash offering and Apple will end up claiming they invented the motor car.