Audi A5 Forum & Audi S5 Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
536 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
How exactly does that work, because I never saw a control for a third zone when I played around with an S5. Is there a separate control for the rear seats, or does it just mean that the rear seats get an A/C vent?

·
Registered
273 Posts
I figured there would be a control in the back behind the console, albeit perhaps more rudimentary.
There is a good, old-fashioned slide/knob in the back for the rear vent, located at the base of the console in between the two front seats, that has a triangle that is all red on one side and triangle that is all blue on the other with the blue and red triangles extending their blue and red towards each other, one over the other, until their points gradually meet and hover over each other in the middle. Slide towards more red, air gets warmer. Slide towards more blue, colder.

·
Registered
3,586 Posts
A picture is worth a thousand words. :D

·
Registered
536 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
A picture is worth a thousand words. :D

hum, looks pretty cheap, I'd rather have have it just connected to the temp in the front side or passenger side. If it was digital, that would have been hot.

thanks, btw

·
Registered
1,374 Posts
plastic under a flashbulb often looks cheap. If you had seat heaters as well you would also see the dials for those in that cluster. They do look a little cheap to be honest as its a 1-5 dial similar to the air vent dial (but vertical and smaller).

·
Registered
75 Posts
hum, looks pretty cheap, I'd rather have have it just connected to the temp in the front side or passenger side. If it was digital, that would have been hot.

thanks, btw
it might look cheap but it might be the standard since many car makers have rear seat climate controls and none that i know of are digital.

·
Registered
536 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
it might look cheap but it might be the standard since many car makers have rear seat climate controls and none that i know of are digital.

I believe all MB E Class cars have 4 zone climate standard with a digital readout on the back. A few other cars have it as an option (mostly luxury sedans).

·
Registered
75 Posts
i'm not too sure about that...you could be right but from my experience with bmw and mb sedans and suv, all the temp controls are dials.

·
Registered
677 Posts
Cheap or not it works well. My kids can make themselves hot or cold back there by fighting over the dial.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts