Audi A5 Forum & Audi S5 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
267 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just wondering what you guys get for estimated mileage on a full tank.

When i puchased the car i had a whopping 330 when i first filled up.

Second time i filled up 290

Third time i filled up 275

and Today 250!!!....

Just gets lower and lower :(

·
Registered
373 Posts
Think around 280,will check next fill.

Got 27.9 mpg :) last sunday when on motorway doing 70mph for around 25 miles which i am sure is my best mpg to date.

·
Registered
1,251 Posts
At least there is one thing in which A5 is better :D
I get 470 miles on one tank.

·
Registered
1,397 Posts
I would be happy with 250 miles out of my S5.

But with V Power at £1.20 a litre you have to be careful:eek:
£1.28 for basic crummy diesel here. Makes the V power sound cheap!

·
Registered
338 Posts
Generally 320 at fill-up and usually can drive 290-300 miles per tank before I get "nervous" and fill up. 70% highway driving at 75-85mph and 30% small city driving i.e. not at lot of time sitting still.

·
Registered
68 Posts
I got about 260 on the last tank. Has anyone left their information screen on the "Current MPG" display? I was on the highway and shifted into neutral and the display said I was getting as high as 147mpg! Of course I had to accelerate again with car back in gear and the mileage dropped back down around 16mpg. Oh well, it was fun while it lasted. But how awesome would that be! An Audi S5 with all that power AND 140mpg! One could only dream...

·
Registered
2,335 Posts
290 - 300 miles ever time if I fill up with Tesco 99. The two times I filled up with regular it only came up with 250 miles.

·
Registered
3,921 Posts
290 - 300 miles ever time if I fill up with Tesco 99. The two times I filled up with regular it only came up with 250 miles.
LOL SAJ, that's not down to the fuel used so suspect you must have been wearing those shoes with the extra heavy soles ;)
I also get a consistent 290-300 using Tesco 99 for mixed roads.

·
Registered
267 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Well funny thing is, It showed 250 to me when i filled up yesterday, Since then ive added about 30 miles, and now its showing 245....

Thats not such a bad figure anymore - especially if it carries on doing the math like that. :)

·
Registered
112 Posts
I'm sure most of you know this, but the car adjusts the estimated range according to the history of your driving style which the ECU is constantly monitoring. If the estimate keeps going down, it means your right foot's been setting the trend!

T

·
Registered
435 Posts
Mine started at 270 and now is up to 320. It adapts to your driving style. Ease off the pedal...

·
Registered
19 Posts
Have filled approximately 6 times or so and have been averaging about 240 per tank (refill just after 3/4 gone). I am ok with it.

·
Registered
750 Posts
Have filled approximately 6 times or so and have been averaging about 240 per tank (refill just after 3/4 gone). I am ok with it.
nice! I drive like I'm in the Indy 500, so I get about 5 days per tank (I've started measuring my fuel economy in DPT (days per tank). :D

So 5 DPT! :cool:

·
Registered
677 Posts
One of the best ways to get back 1-2 mpg in city driving is to push in the clutch when going downhill. My daily commute is 3.5 miles. I can get it to go from 17ish to 20ish by doing this. If I am consistent at this during the entire tank I can get above 20mpg with pure city driving.
I always leave my computer in instant mpg. single digits accelerating, teens and twenties cruising, 70-140 with clutch depressed. ---mpg when coasting to stop sign.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Mine is getting better

Drove 400plus miles this weekend and I paid attention after filling up saturday and reset tripometer. Mostly highway/ some city, I drove 298 miles before filling up. It took 13.3 gallons to fill.

·
Registered
1,374 Posts
My long term MPG is 17.1 but I did manage to get over 26 mpg on a 300 mile journey recently.

·
Registered
677 Posts
My computer figured long term mpg is 17.8.
My personal best mpg is 28.2 on a 71mph average trip.

·
Registered
94 Posts
Geez, there are some serious lead-foots around here aren't there! I suppose it's inevitable though - a friend has described the performance as akin to a nuclear explosion! Well I wouldn't go that far but it does feel fantastic!

Anyway refills for me are around 550-560kms or 340-345 miles. So that's around 11.7l/100kms or 24mpg (I think!) I rarely do any city driving though.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts