Audi A5 Forum & Audi S5 Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2015 Audi A5 S-Line Quattro White
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys
I have recently lowered on Coilovers and replaced all arms ball joints bearings the lot both sides front

I’ve noticed now when I full lock right my near side front wheel kinda skips out as if the control arm has given way but everything is tight and in order
Does anyone else have this with lowered A5’s

·
Registered
1,785 Posts
Juddering on full lock is normal on quattro apparently. I have never seen an explanation as to why. Your manual should warn you not to hold full lock for an extended period - probably these two things are related.

·
Registered
2,220 Posts
This is quite common and certain tyres seem to do it more than others. Have you had a full geometry alignment done?

It can be stopped by alignment, but it is normal. Usually when you have it aligned out, it affects the steering and possibly shoulder wear on the tyres. It's kind a of a balance between alignment and accepting a bit of hop/scrub on full lock. I think more negative camber can also stop it, or mask it as the wheel will be leaning in and sliding on the inside of the tyre, rather than the outside, which gives the scrub/hop/

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
thanks guys for the information
i will maybe go for alignment to atleast try and reduce it ,although i have put Pirelli p zero tyres on and have notice it more

·
Registered
2,220 Posts
I'm guessing you have already had a full alignment after you replaced the suspension? :)

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
its amazing how much difference it makes getting the alignment redone, no more skip and no more little knock that i couldnt figure out what it was every time i put it into reverse and started to move
i got the front and rear alignment done with print outs.. thanls guys for the information

1 - 12 of 12 Posts