Audi A5 Forum & Audi S5 Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
211 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I've bought a full set of OEM RS5 Brakes for front and rear.

I'm wondering what else I'll need for a full install on both front and rear.

I've read a couple of threads and it looks like I'll need new brake hoses. But I'm not to sure if this is front only or front and rear.

I've also read Using the RS5 rear rotors pushes the wheel 8mm closer to the guard each side.

I already have 15mm spacers on the front and 20 mm on the rear.

Can anybody point my in the right direction on getting the front and rear to fit?

·
Registered
3,214 Posts
Front went straight on to my S5 without issue. Don't think you need new brake hoses although my kit came with. The rears needed a spacer behind the disc to push it out so the disc would sit in the correct place as the offset on the RS discs is different to the S and A5 as they are ever so slightly different hubs. Think it was about 5mm maybe a bit more, again this was supplied with my kit.
As for moving it closer to the guard? No idea, don't think so?

You can see the small spacers still wrapped up by the brake lines. This was the complete kit I got. At the time I asked about the brake lines and I think the response was they just change them as a matter of course?

·
Registered
211 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Ok Great. Where would I get a spacer like yours that sits behind the disc ?

I already have normal spaces that sit in between the disc and the alloy.

I don't think I'll bother changing the brake lines ether as you have indicated it's not necessary.

·
Registered
3,214 Posts
The spacers came with the kit when I got them and I'm not sure how big they are but let me try to find the email from the guy I got them from then you can contact him to get some of get the info from.

Edit* Here you go [email protected] Andre is the guys name.

·
Registered
211 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The spacers came with the kit when I got them and I'm not sure how big they are but let me try to find the email from the guy I got them from then you can contact him to get some of get the info from.
Thank you.

·
Registered
211 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
You might need the brake booster also. I needed it when put the RS5 ceramics on.
Really. I've not heard anything about a brake booster on any other thread.

·
Registered
211 Posts
Discussion Starter #8

Edit* Here you go [email protected] Andre is the guys name.
I've received a reply from Andrew Taylor. He said they don't sell the spacer separately :crying: back to square one.

·
Registered
209 Posts
On the pre face lift you can fit RS4 rear callipers and disks. That removes the issue of either changing the hubs or fitting the spacer.

You'll also need to replace or remove the front dust guards. Cant recall if I swapped the rear guards.

I also replaced all the hoses.

·
Registered
211 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
On the pre face lift you can fit RS4 rear callipers and disks. That removes the issue of either changing the hubs or fitting the spacer.

You'll also need to replace or remove the front dust guards. Cant recall if I swapped the rear guards.

I also replaced all the hoses.
Thanks for your advice but I'm not looking to fork-out on another pair of brakes.

·
Registered
432 Posts
hi mate search my thread when i did the full upgrade.

essentially i changed my hoses to the BF Goodrich Stainless steel type. however i did not replace the brake booster as i was told i didnt need it for the sportback. later on i found out i was told a fib and i actually needed to replace that too but i havent got around to getting it done as yet.

for the sportback i had to change the rear control arms as the hubs are different from the RS5 this increased the track width by 8mm either side. not sure if you have to change for the coupe.

i have also added in 20mm front wheel adaptors to for the y arms wheels to clear the front calipers this also allows the wheel to sit flush with the body and 12mm rear adaptors to bring it flush to the body too.

·
Registered
211 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
hi mate search my thread when i did the full upgrade.

essentially i changed my hoses to the BF Goodrich Stainless steel type. however i did not replace the brake booster as i was told i didnt need it for the sportback. later on i found out i was told a fib and i actually needed to replace that too but i havent got around to getting it done as yet.

for the sportback i had to change the rear control arms as the hubs are different from the RS5 this increased the track width by 8mm either side. not sure if you have to change for the coupe.

i have also added in 20mm front wheel adaptors to for the y arms wheels to clear the front calipers this also allows the wheel to sit flush with the body and 12mm rear adaptors to bring it flush to the body too.
I think I might change the Brake Hoses anyway. I wonder if I need to change the brake booster as my car is a 2008 as Cuppa is an early model also. If anybody can shed some light on this it will be much appreciated.

The only other thing now is I need to double check now if I need these spacers for the rear hubs. And if so where can I just buy these spaces.

I'm not to sure if I can use any sort spaces. Can anybody shed some light please ?

·
Registered
211 Posts
Discussion Starter #13

·
Premium Member
2,008 Posts
And please, how much did you pay for the brake set???? Thanks.

·
Registered
754 Posts
I can't contribute much other than I was under the impression the RS5 brake booster was only needed in case of ceramics and not standard steel BBK?

Regards

1 - 16 of 16 Posts