Audi A5 Forum & Audi S5 Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All,

Newbie here with a recently collected S5 :D Just moved from an Mk1 TT and loving the extra horses and the big V8 grrrroooowwwllll.

One issue I have noted however is overspill when filling the tank. I have only filled the car up twice so far and this has happend on both occassions (different garages). One both occassions I have not been seeking to "top off" the tank, rather just plain filling up.

Has anyone else had this issue or am I just being a numpty?

Cheers,

·
Super Moderator
1,277 Posts
Hi, ABZ, and welcome -

Haven't had this problem with my A5. Well, I did once, but I think it was because I did try that extra little bit, and even then it came out of the nozzle, not the tank.

Could you please update your location in your profile? The "Cheers" was a clue ;) but we like to know where folks are from when they comment on their model or ask a question. Thanks.

·
Registered
292 Posts
Hello ABZ - another one from the Granite City. Perhaps you are just being a numpty :)

·
Registered
1,374 Posts
Not had that problem with my S5.

It did happen to me in the past where it kept pumping but the fault was with the pump not the car. Are you using the same garage?

·
Registered
40 Posts
Yep same symptoms- got a one week old S5 - mine does that as well - just a splash from the filler neck.

But with the price of V Power want to avoid this one:eek: :eek:

·
Registered
54 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks Chaps,

Seems I not the only numpty out there! I'll try the twist technique :D .

One thing is for sure, I'm going to get plenty of practice fueling the beast....

1 - 8 of 8 Posts