Audi A5 Forum & Audi S5 Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My daily commute takes me over Ilkley Moor and it is a rather bumpy and undulating road that I use.

I seem to have noticed a problem with the car, on the crest of a hill and on the downhill the fuel feed cuts out momentarily. I have never had this problem with any other car, even the old Alfa.

Has anyone else found that on a hilly road the fuel system somehow fails to keep up?

·
Registered
2,046 Posts
Not noticed on this car yet (still being gentle), but it was a standard feature on the old A6 to stop the engine over-revving if you took-off over hump-back bridges and the like... I expect it's the same feature, part of the ESP... I suggest turning off the ASR and ESP and trying the same problem section.

Disclaimer: The author takes no responsibility if the driver runs out of talent and stuffs his car into a dry-stone wall with the ESP turned off.
Ian!

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
You over estimate my driving enthusiasm :)

This seems to happen on a fairly plodding commute, listening to Radio 4 while boiling my arse on the seat warmer.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Ta.

I will give it a try with the ESP turned off, wearing my flat cap. I need to leave the whippet at home mind, as she's sick in the car.

·
Registered
171 Posts
Funnily enough, there is a hill near me where it always feels like the car loses power on the downhill side... maybe that's is what was going on (I thought it might be the Tunit module upsetting things)...

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Sounds like my problem.

Turned the ESP off the other day and trundled over the hills. Still lost power on the downhill bit.

Ver ver puzzling.

·
Registered
2,046 Posts
Sounds like my problem.

Turned the ESP off the other day and trundled over the hills. Still lost power on the downhill bit.

Ver ver puzzling.
'
Hmmmm... very puzzling.

I can't believe that with all the thousands of hours of testing that Audi do and the history of that engine that there's an inherrent fault... and so unless it's an isolated occurance... leads me to the conclusion that this is somehow 'designed' behaviour... but I can't think why?

I think a discussion with your nearest service centre is in order.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.