Audi A5 Forum & Audi S5 Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
2008 Audi S5, had a fuel leak in the rear tank where the pump fits. Replaced with rubber o ring, fixed.
Noticed a nipple (closest to rear bumper) on fuel pump was open. Checked and found this is the return line that is not used on this year car so went to Audi dealer and bought plug to seal it off. It continues to seep fuel from from this nipple, especially on hard cornering.

Any suggestions on how to make the plug seal fuel from coming out before I make my own rubber stopper and clamp it to the nipple.

· Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
2008 Audi S5, had a fuel leak in the rear tank where the pump fits. Replaced with rubber o ring, fixed.
Noticed a nipple (closest to rear bumper) on fuel pump was open. Checked and found this is the return line that is not used on this year car so went to Audi dealer and bought plug to seal it off. It continues to seep fuel from from this nipple, especially on hard cornering.

Any suggestions on how to make the plug seal fuel from coming out before I make my own rubber stopper and clamp it to the nipple.
Added a picture of the fuel pump in the tank. Nipple circled is the one with a plug but still leaks gas when going around corners causing the gas to slosh around.

Attachments

1 - 2 of 2 Posts