Audi A5 Forum & Audi S5 Forum banner

Fuel injection cleaner

7K views 4 replies 4 participants last post by  shugs 
#1 · (Edited)
Hi all,

any recommendations for a fuel injection cleaner? Wynns and STP are mainstream choices, and BG 44K receives excellent reviews (at triple the price!), Forte was mentioned somewhere and I read about more brands here and there

Any opinion to help me decide highly appreciated! :2thumbsup:

#3 ·
From my research after I posted the thread it seems you are right.. at first it seemed like a good idea to do some prevention but I guess there's something fishy about these cleaners to only be used in absolute need

#4 ·
IIRC, these are essentialy a waste of money due to (1) our cars are direct-injected so the impact on carbon build-up is negligible, if anything; and (2) gasoline today has a fair amount of detergents and other "stuff" which do a similar job.

#5 ·
I use a couple bottles of the Chevron Techron Fuel injection cleaner after every oil change for my Jeep, but I'm not sure if I would want to put that stuff in my Audi. I have no idea if it really makes a difference, but it makes me feel better, so I do it.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.