Audi A5 Forum & Audi S5 Forum banner

Fuel Filler Flap

7K views 11 replies 8 participants last post by  morski 
#1 ·
I have just noticed that my fuel filler flap is sitting slightly proud of the bodywork. I have had a look at how it is attached and there doesnt seem to be a way to adjust the cover. Does anybody know any different ?

#3 ·
+1

While we're on the subject of fuel fillers... Audi design fault (or cost cutting): the lack of water drainage around the filler hole itself. How did that one get away. My old A6 had a small drainage hole that removed excess rain water/fuel down a line inside the car, draining just behind the rear tyre. On the A5, you just get a small puddle sitting there. Not impressed.

#4 ·
+1

While we're on the subject of fuel fillers... Audi design fault (or cost cutting): the lack of water drainage around the filler hole itself. How did that one get away. My old A6 had a small drainage hole that removed excess rain water/fuel down a line inside the car, draining just behind the rear tyre. On the A5, you just get a small puddle sitting there. Not impressed.
Yea, and as soon as you start moving, the puddle runs out and leaves a bit wet mark along the car. Even worse if it's a puddle of diesel, then you get all the sh*t of the day sticking to it.

#10 ·
Just filled up tonight and mine had a lovely puddle inside - it's gathering the plastic mounting rather than the filler cap itself of course.

Didn't use to do this before so I'm assuming it's just become blocked. It's hardly interfering with the fuel filling process so no great shakes ... another to add to the list of minor irritations to be presented at servicing some time in the next couple of weeks.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.