Audi A5 Forum & Audi S5 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,800 Posts
Driving a 3.0TDI Quattro.

I'm currently getting 42mpg on the motorway/highway.

Stop-start in the busy city traffic last saturday night I averaged 14mpg!! :eek:

·
Registered
26 Posts
The cars done about 350 miles now short runs of about 5 miles a time and longer runs of about 20 / 30 miles all on A-B roads and the computer says 30.7 mpg. On the test drive similar trips were showing just above 40 mpg but the car had done about 2500 miles.

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
It has been released. But with gas prices these days, I don't know who would want one.
That's true, but Audi has announced that their new 3.2 FSI engines will have a bit better fuel economy than their previous 3.2 FSI engines (and a bit more hp too). The 2007 A4 3.2L FSI is rated at about 17 mpg in the city, so I'm guessing the A5 3.2L FSI will be about 18 mpg in the city :D :D :D

·
Registered
121 Posts
That's true, but Audi has announced that their new 3.2 FSI engines will have a bit better fuel economy than their previous 3.2 FSI engines (and a bit more hp too). The 2007 A4 3.2L FSI is rated at about 17 mpg in the city, so I'm guessing the A5 3.2L FSI will be about 18 mpg in the city :D :D :D
with 268 horses. My sis's BMW 530xi gets about 20-21 mpg average.

·
Registered
171 Posts
Since picking up yesterday (!), I'm getting around 35mpg on fast back roads with lots of bends and hills. Haven't really had a run on the motorway yet.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Since picking mine up yesterday I've done 200 miles and averaged 41mpg - but 65% of the miles have been at between 70 and 75mph on motorway - early days yet. Will update in a week or so

·
Registered
60 Posts
Depends on what speed and how much is longish distance????.
Seriously, you should be getting more than this if there is a big portion of motorway driving at 70 to 80 MPH. I certainly am.
My average over first 1100 miles is 35.5mpg. Everyone says I will get about 10% more when the engine is loosed up a bit more (when i have a few k's on the clock) -but I 'll wait and see. This average is made up of about 20% motorway 50% about town / short journeys. 30% good runs non-motorway.

On 60 mile non motorway journey I'm getting circa 41 /42mph. Around town circa 31 / 32mpg.
Hope this helps

1 - 20 of 26 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.