Audi A5 Forum & Audi S5 Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
714 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Had an interesting situation yesterday where the passenger seat had been brought forward to let the kids out of the back. I'd used the "one push" function on the seats to make them come all the way forwards automatically. Once the kids were out I couldn't get the seat back on the passenger side to return to the normal upright position. It seemed to be locked in the "easy access" position.

I pressed every bloody button there was and still no luck. Finally I figured it out ... can anyone guess what was wrong? Hint: it was a sunny day. Drag across the arrows below for the answer.

>> The passenger sun visor was down and was stopping the seat back from moving!!!<<

Just thought this might be a useful tip for anyone who hits the same problem.

·
Registered
441 Posts
HA HA HA That is awesome Tuff. Did anyone see this take place?

·
Registered
714 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
HA HA HA That is awesome Tuff. Did anyone see this take place?
Yeah, my wife, my 6 year old and my 4 year old who all got yelled at. "How many times have I told you not to play with the f***ing buttons, it's a car not a toy!"

I'm just waiting for my 4 year old to ask me if the "f***ing buttons" are the ones that move the chairs in the car. Worse still, I'm hoping he doesn't mention them in show and tell at school. "My Daddy has a new car. It has special buttons called f***ing buttons which we use to move the seats so we can get in the back because it only has two doors" :eek:

·
Registered
45 Posts
Priceless!!!!!! :)

·
Registered
234 Posts
Great story , and I know what you mean regarding show & tell . We sometimes get that look from the teachers that says, I know what you've been up too.

Can you advise though TUFF as I'm about to order A5 / S5 , not decided yet . How is the car day to day with kids . I have a 5 year old and a 1 year old . Got an A5 for the weekend from Aberdeen Audi and the 5 year old was no problem but the baby seat for the 1 year old was a bit of a chew. I'm trading in a 1 year old Q7 so you can imagine my prediciment

·
Registered
750 Posts
That is very funny indeed.

·
Registered
714 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 · (Edited)
Can you advise though TUFF as I'm about to order A5 / S5 , not decided yet . How is the car day to day with kids . I have a 5 year old and a 1 year old . Got an A5 for the weekend from Aberdeen Audi and the 5 year old was no problem but the baby seat for the 1 year old was a bit of a chew. I'm trading in a 1 year old Q7 so you can imagine my prediciment
I'm really surprised with just how easy it is to get the kids in the back. I came from an A3 Sportback which had rear doors to get the kids in and out of and I was expecting the A5 to be a bit of a fuss. It's actually easier than the A3 - the tricky bit has always been getting the seat belt locked in and because with the A5 you're entering the rear of the car more from the front it's a lot easier to do. Use the easy access function on the seats and it's surprising just how much space it gives you to manoeuvre.

The only downside is that the kids car seats are already deforming the rear seats in the car (I have sports seats which are more contoured). The kids' seats fit securely, they just push into the leather. Still ... company car :)

My kids are happy in the back even though there's less for them to fiddle with (windows in particular) but I actually prefer this as there's no chance of them opening the doors or things coming in/out of the windows. They do like having their own air con.

The boot in the A5 isn't quite as practical as it first appeared - plenty of space for shopping, suitcases, golf bags, strollers etc but the low height means it's not much good with other kids paraphernalia e.g. last night I picked up a new bike for my 6 year old and in the end it had to go in through the driver's door when I really had expected it to fit through the boot. If you're still using a large pushchair for the 1 year old you might want to check it fits first (should do).

You might well miss this coming from the Q7 but I'd really recommend you get rid of that pig ugly gas guzzler and go for the A5/S5. Maybe you could trade in the Q7 for an S5 and an A3 or an A4 Avant for those odd occassions when you need more space!

·
Registered
234 Posts
Yes the Q7 has to go , I really like the car , especially for the family but its too big. I've already ordered a 4 door Corsa for the wife for the school run , this enables me to get the A5/S5 without her moaning . You've got to love the kids , got the A5 for a weekend test drive and the first thing my 5 year old daughter said was ' it hasn't got a socket for my DVD player' . Thankfully there was one in the back , so everyones happy !

·
Registered
10 Posts
CD Player input in the back?! Please explain!! :)

Would love to know what you found. I didn't know A5's had a CD input (I assume you to mean a 3.5mm stereo minijack socket?

·
Registered
714 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Pretty sure that stitcher will be referring to the 12V outlet to power the DVD player rather than an input into the MMI display.

·
Registered
234 Posts
Yes, I was meaning the 12V power supply for the DVD Player , we couldn't live without it !!!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts