Audi A5 Forum & Audi S5 Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys I have a S5 3.0t b8 sportback and wanting to know if anyone has any issues with the APR front mount intercooler after fitting and also is there any real benefit

·
Registered
1,224 Posts
The 3.0tfsi already has a front mount cooler, well heat exchanger to be correct, an intercooler in more for turbo applications and is air to air. The S5 is air to water.

I don't know of any issues, it's quite a simple set up, so don't see why there would be any issues.

What year is yours as they were revised in 2014. I have done the free 100% default run mod. Basically being able to disconnect the ECU control of the charger coolant pump. When the ECU feed is disconnected, it will run the pump at 100% constantly and also run on for 30 seconds after engine shut down. It will also run fro 30 seconds when opening the car! I have put tails with spade connectors so I can connect or disconnect quickly. I had mine rolling roaded with this mod and at idle it was 43 degrees inlet temp which dropped to 38 degrees when running on the RR.

You only need the oversized charge cooler when at stage 3+. If you have stage 2, remap and crank pulley, then it will be pointless, unless you live somewhere with a hot climate? :)

1 - 2 of 2 Posts