Audi A5 Forum & Audi S5 Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all! Exciting news and pictures from all the latest demo arrivals in the US!

I have been seeing pictures/you tube videos for demos here in the US and all of them have the holder/bracket (don't know the correct terminology fo this) for the front license plate; question - can this be removed? Or is it a permanent fixture on the front grille?

I have never placed a license plate in the front in my past Audis since it does not look that great - I know, it's a fix-a-ticket if you get caught without it, but it's a few and between that cops pull people over for this (here in Southern California that is).

Would like to know if this holder can be removed?

·
Registered
318 Posts
Whats up man! If you didn't specify it at the time of order, you can remove the plate provision and replace it with the "filler panel". I'm with you, I never have a front plate on the car. In fact for the one time that I did get a ticket, it was because the cop had an attitude and wanted to add anything he could to my speeding ticket.

I simply got it signed off anyway and paid the $10. BTW, you're not too far from me and if you ever get a ticket for it and need it signed off, just let me know ;)

Hello all! Exciting news and pictures from all the latest demo arrivals in the US!

I have been seeing pictures/you tube videos for demos here in the US and all of them have the holder/bracket (don't know the correct terminology fo this) for the front license plate; question - can this be removed? Or is it a permanent fixture on the front grille?

I have never placed a license plate in the front in my past Audis since it does not look that great - I know, it's a fix-a-ticket if you get caught without it, but it's a few and between that cops pull people over for this (here in Southern California that is).

Would like to know if this holder can be removed?

·
Registered
3,586 Posts
Yeah, same thing here in Texas. I opted for the "front plate filler panel" when placing my order. The car simply doesn't look as good with a front license plate on it, IMO.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks guys! Definitely will be calling the dealership tomorrow and will check what's on order; if not, thanks to Quattrings suggestion on replacing it with a filler panel. Thanks for the offer on the ticket man, I might take that offer later on...lol...!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts