Audi A5 Forum & Audi S5 Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
326 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Does anyone of you knows where i can purchase front LED bulbs (diamond white) and do you guys suggest i use to smoked tail light film or have it sprayed?

Ordered: 09 S5/PhantomBlack/Black/CF/Fully Load.

·
Registered
1,374 Posts
The LEDs in the front are part of the sealed headlamp unit. You cannot just replace one of the bulbs. You need to replace the whole headlamp.

do you guys suggest i use to smoked tail light film or have it sprayed?
If you are 18, where burberry and come from Essex than you must have it.

·
Registered
3,586 Posts
Please update your profile to reflect your location.

·
Registered
1,295 Posts
Film is the best way to go if you're going to tint your taillights. It lasts pretty much the life of the car without fading, and the finish looks like it came that way. Spray on the other hand fades and often leaves a texture. If you're within reasonable distance to Rowland Heights, my friend who installs clear bra also does taillight tinting.

The S5 comes standard with D2S HIDs. If the lighting isn't good enough for you, I'd recommend switching the optics to the european E-code ones, which will get you a sharper cut-off and wider beam pattern. But pretty much any other bulb you buy to replace the stock one will be a reduction in light output.

-Ray

·
Registered
384 Posts

·
Registered
326 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
that's exactly what i was looking for, thx! Now i just have to decide if i shud get lightly smoked, smoked, or stealth..But then..I have a phantom black S5...Probably should go with lightly smoke or everything will be too dark. This is another reason why im considering switching to Ibis white...decision decision.....

09 S5 Phantom Black/Black/CF trim/Fully Load

·
Registered
1,239 Posts
lightly smoked, smoked, or stealth
Either way will have the drug dealer look, and for an added bonus it will make the car look cheap.

Do a lot of people like this mod in the states then? Over here its mainly drugs dealers/chavs in their BMW's or 18y/o kids in their citroen saxo's.

·
Registered
1,295 Posts
nice..i live 20 min from Rowland Heights, can you give me that guy's name and number? Does he sell the film or i have to find it online myself?
He's full service, has the 3M/Ventureshield film, etc:

http://www.spalshield.com/

Ask for Edrick, tell him Ray sent you. I highly recommend him for clear bra as well, if you haven't considered it. He does a lot of high end luxury/exotic cars.

-Ray

·
Registered
1,295 Posts
cool thx, but does clear bra really help? i dont know many ppl using it..
Yeah definitely, the front of the car accumulates a lot of rock chips over time. I'm doing full front clip with him (side mirrors, full hood, front fenders, front bumper). Some people even do roof and A-pillars.

It's totally worth it if you are keeping your car for anything longer than 50k miles. The majority of the dings are in the very front of the hood front bumper, but I'd prefer not to have the horizontal line.

-Ray

·
Registered
384 Posts
What product would you recommend for those not in California?

·
Registered
1,295 Posts
What product would you recommend for those not in California?
The 3M and VentureShield film products are sold internationally, but it are branded differently by different installers, like SpalShield, InivisiShield, StarShield, etc. The same type of film is used for paint protection as well as headlight/taillight tinting. So usually the shop will do both. It's not hugely different from window tinting films either. I would just ask your local trusted high-end tuning shop.

-Ray

·
Registered
3,586 Posts

·
Registered
642 Posts
i just tinted out my taillights/got my car. my dad has an s6 i tinted the taillights also. yes i am 19...from new york though. i did spray on my plymouth prowler and after i while liek 2 months ull start asking yourself if its still there....it fades pretty fast and is messy to apply and you wont ever be happy with it. I tinted the taillights myself with precut film on ebay, took 15 minutes a light, looks great, especially with the tinted headlights and the red grille and stripes

Attachments

·
Registered
750 Posts
Either way will have the drug dealer look, and for an added bonus it will make the car look cheap.

Do a lot of people like this mod in the states then? Over here its mainly drugs dealers/chavs in their BMW's or 18y/o kids in their citroen saxo's.
Hi Robb,

I wouldn't say it is "common", there are a lot of the crowd you mentioned with the same look here too. There are plenty of non-drug dealers that like the look though. :) It is actually illegal in many states in the US to tint the headlights or taillights.

·
Registered
642 Posts
JYOHay, I loVE those RED lines on you S5!!, you gotta explain to me in detail how you told the bodyshop!!
please i did them myself....i bought some red vinyl pinstriping off ebay for 25 bucks, and just took my time
\
i got the idea from seeing the APR-8 r8 audi at the sema car show last year they had a black one with a liver hood with a red audi symbol and 5 black stripes.....put my own twist on it though

1 - 20 of 44 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.