Audi A5 Forum & Audi S5 Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,024 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Click http://www.audi.fr/audi/fr/fr2/new_cars/a5.html and Tarif clients Audi A5 (direct link http://www.audiextranet.com/tarifs/A5.pdf).

2.0 TFSI in several versions, 2.0 TDI with and without quattro, 2.7 TDI manual in addition to the older multitronic...

Interestingly the French do not list A5 1.8T (170 hp) at all, but list a 2.0 TFSI at 180 hp and a 2.0 TFSI at 211 hp too.

Manufacturing slated to start (for French market) November 2008 for all new options, except September 2008 for the 2.7 TDI manual.

·
Registered
714 Posts
Wow - according to the specs in the PDF Audi are making some big changes to cut CO2 output.

The 2.0TFSI seems to be down to 154g/km which is 15g/gm less than the 1.8TFSI yet it has a power output of 41PS more than the 1.8 ... no wonder Audi Fr aren't listing the 1.8T!

Even the 2.7TDI clocks in at 159g/km now.

I think I'm going to cry.

·
Registered
1,024 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
Indeed, several channels are reporting significantly lower CO2 levels for the 2.0 TFSI (compared to 1.8 TFSI) with better power/torque of course - and with the lower-end 2.0 TFSI edition very close to 1.8 TFSI in performance (180 hp vs. 170 hp) I wonder if the rumours about the eventual demise of the 1.8 TFSI A5 are true. Probably not this model year, though, but who knows.

I can see 1.8 TFSI continuing on the A4 front though, there it has always been specced lower with 120 hp and 160 hp versions lining up better with the 2.0 TFSI - and it likely is a cheaper engine to build and thus can be priced accordingly - although CO2 taxation being what it is in many places I wonder how big a benefit that is.

·
Registered
147 Posts
Can confirm that 2.0 T FSi is launched. I have just swapped my 1.8 order for the 2.0 and it's bought the build week forward significantly!

·
Registered
60 Posts
Nice one G8OFA, did you keep the spec the same? What was the price difference?
Also, any word on when the 2.0 multitronic will be available?

·
Registered
147 Posts
Yes kept the same spec except have to have the voice activation now if you want the Sat Nav. Engine is about £1.6K more which seems a good deal considering the better environmental credentials.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts