Audi A5 Forum & Audi S5 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just out of interest what did the dealer give you as "compliments from Audi " when collected new A5/S5?

I got bottle of Champagne. :rolleyes:

·
Registered
1,636 Posts
+ 1 from Rab above..... oh and a keyring oh and a cuddle teddy bear (no joke)

·
Premium Member
860 Posts
I picked up my A5 at short notice - the dealer said it was registered & taxed and I said "I want it", he said when and I said "NOW!!" :D

I gave him about 2 hours to get it ready. It was already PDI'd - it just needed putting in the delivery suite, a final polish and then covered.

Consequently, he didn't have time to fetch a bunch of flowers for the missus, so he gave me an Audi umbrella - which should last much longer than the flowers would have. He also gave us a couple of keyrings.

The only other item I got for free was the black headlining as he never charged me for it on the invoice. ;)

·
Registered
69 Posts
I got the Audi Care Package, Key Ring, and an iPod cable... whoopie do

·
Registered
269 Posts
LOL!! very good & totally spot on !! However I got my mats thrown in (Rubber Ones)

Still chuckling Golfdeeko !!

Rab88

·
Registered
106 Posts
Freebies?

I am so jealous. I got zilch from my dealer. I guess you, my teammates over in the UK have more courteous and concerned salespeople than we have. Oh, nuts, I don't care. I have my A5 and it is an absolute treasure. Although, I wish I had gotten an S5 or waited until the diesel came over to the US. But, anyway, I am one satisfied dude.

·
Registered
1,696 Posts
A smile, a handshake and an free litre of oil (I've got 2 in my boot). That's it, but then I didn't take their finance, didn't take their GAP insurance and didn't trade my old car in to them, so they only made money out of selling me the new car.

·
Registered
29 Posts
A his and hers set of brollies and couple of keyrings.

·
Registered
151 Posts
I got the AMI cable... which should have been with the car in my mind!

Having said, I did get surprised with a delivery from Audi UK yesterday morning.... a tin of car polish and polishing cloth... think I'll stick to the Xymol though.

·
Registered
1,269 Posts
His and hers gift Molton Brown Gift Sets, must have cost them. Audi Reading really nice people. Oh and invoice for £47k ;)

·
Registered
12 Posts
hi all, if you think your hard done by, dont. Before I bought my A5 3.0TDI QUATTRO SPORT(superbbb) I was foolish enough to purchase a Mercedes c class AMG Diesel. The dealer gave me an umbrella, but charged me to transfer my plate, tight t**t. Now if you want quality service, go to Audi Swansea in South Wales and ask for ANDREW FARRAND. Superb customer service. He paid to transfer my plate, gave me a full tank of fuel, and gave my daughter an Audi sports jacket. Then gave me a set of Audi golf balls. NONE OF THESE WERE ASKED FOR!! The man just knows how to treat his customers, and thats why they keep going back

·
Registered
907 Posts
I got exactly the same as blade. ( probably because it was the same dealer !) Previously when I bourght my S4 i got the same Audi bear that Jen got!

·
Registered
2,046 Posts
Champagne
Flowers
Jacket
Cuff-Links
Baseball cap
pens for the kids!
...and a nice audi bag to put it all in ;)

... oh and a full tank of fuel

·
Registered
82 Posts
I am so jealous. I got zilch from my dealer. I guess you, my teammates over in the UK have more courteous and concerned salespeople than we have.
Or perhaps it's connected with our having to pay 50% more than you chaps for the car. That'll should cover the bubbly and the umbrella. (I still think it's a nice touch though)

·
Registered
267 Posts
Hmmm... After reading this i'm not sure whether they are going to agree to my deal.

I asked for a Tracker to be installed free of charge, since im spending almost £49K and the car is not the original colour i wanted.

Fingers crossed they say yes :)

·
Registered
714 Posts
So you chose option 2 then :)

·
Registered
267 Posts
@TuffLittleUnit

Actually not 100% on option 2 yet, as option 5 came up. - Ice Silver with Black Interior.. Looked really nice, but what made me add this as an option is that it also had the sunroof. Audi in UK no longer have the sunroof as an option so if you can find one your lucky.

Im hoping to acctually see the Grey on on Monday/Tuesday. Once i have seen it i will be able to make a final decision.

·
Registered
714 Posts
I've seen one in Ice Silver with a sunroof at Wakefield Audi and it looked excellent. The black of the panoramic roof made it look quite special.

But a word of warning. I have the Open Sky panoramic sunroof on my A3 and although it's great in the summer with the kids in the car I find I get a lot of cabin noise from it (and I mean when it's shut). There is nothing mechanically wrong with the sunroof, it's just that the glass isn't a great noise insulator and the air catches where the glass meets the metal even though it looks and feels very smooth.

Obviously can't say if this transfers to the A5 but I'd suggest it's something to watch (listen) out for if you take a test drive.

1 - 20 of 44 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.