Audi A5 Forum & Audi S5 Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Since being seriously screwed a few years ago by STASIS on their exhaust for my A5 3.2L 6 spd manual I took the plunge again on a new exhaust system, but this time with AWE. John Voss and the AWE team were AWEsome. I drove to a hotel near their shop the night before the install and arrived the next morning around 9 am. By 11 am I was out the door with a PERFECT sounding and well-fitted cat-back Touring exhaust. It is everything STASIS wasn't; no ear shattering, headache wrenching drone. AWE certainly did their homework when they engineered this exhaust. In addition, I had AWE swap out the Volant air intake for their air intake system. The AWE exhaust/air intake combination provide an extremely fluid throttle response that sounds just GREAT.

·
Registered
1,149 Posts
Agreed :) I love my AWE touring, definitely my favourite mod

·
Registered
1,149 Posts
I got mine from Regal Autosport in Southampton. They also fitted it. They are an authorised dealer for AWE (that was who put me in touch with them).
Nice bunch and they do good work, I went back when I needed some KW coilovers installed, even though its a 2-3hr drive away.
Regal Autosport

Reactions: Spike-A5

·
Registered
1,149 Posts
Nice :)
Note that I have no experience with Milltek exhausts....but I would recommend AWE if at all possible. Zero drone and a gorgeous sound.

Reactions: Spike-A5

·
Registered
466 Posts
Since being seriously screwed a few years ago by STASIS on their exhaust for my A5 3.2L 6 spd manual I took the plunge again on a new exhaust system, but this time with AWE. John Voss and the AWE team were AWEsome. I drove to a hotel near their shop the night before the install and arrived the next morning around 9 am. By 11 am I was out the door with a PERFECT sounding and well-fitted cat-back Touring exhaust. It is everything STASIS wasn't; no ear shattering, headache wrenching drone. AWE certainly did their homework when they engineered this exhaust. In addition, I had AWE swap out the Volant air intake for their air intake system. The AWE exhaust/air intake combination provide an extremely fluid throttle response that sounds just GREAT.
AGREED!!! Quick sound clip of my AWE Exhaust on my 3.0 TFSI

Audi S5 Cab AWE exhaust - YouTube

1 - 7 of 7 Posts