Audi A5 Forum & Audi S5 Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
3,586 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I've decided that I want a different color, so I'm selling my 2008 US spec Brilliant Black/Cinnamon Brown A5 Tiptronic. Only 3,722 miles on the odometer.
The car has been meticulously maintained and has been babied like no other.

MSRP on the car was $50,665 (fully loaded minus Side Assist). Purchased Audi Care for an additional $590.

I've done several thousand dollars in mods and enhancements including:

*H&R Sport Springs (4-wheel alignment done as part of installation)
*Vossen '078' 20x9" wheels all around in hyper silver with chrome lip (running 265/30/20 Continental ContiSportContact 2 tires)
--> Note: Sold factory 19" Y-design wheels; new custom wheels I have on order (referenced in my signature) will go on my next car
*VentureShield clear bra on front bumper and headlights
*S-line rear bumper cover and diffuser installed
*S5 silver mirror caps (still have factory black mirror caps)
*Euro spec headlights (can't believe I paid $1,600 just to have clear corners)
*Hüper Optik ceramic window tint (very light 40% all around)
*Rear license plate LED bulbs
*Hoen fog light bulbs
*Blacked out chrome strips on front filler plate

Asking $53,900

Car title is free and clear as the car is fully paid for.

·
Registered
45 Posts
OMG gorgeous...just gorgeous i'm in love with your car TX my specs are the exact same and i love those wheels soo so much. Good luck with the sale..what color are you looking at getting??

·
Registered
536 Posts
Beautiful car... may I ask what color you will be getting, and will you be getting that color on an A5 or S5? (the main reason I am asking is because my S5 is coming in, and I ordered it in phantom black, so I was wondering what is the color you like so much better than black that you would sell your car for it)

Thanks

·
Registered
3,586 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the compliments, guys. As for my next color choice, the bottom line is that I'm now looking to get a color that will take less of my time to maintain. Yes, black looks absolutely incredible when it's all squeaky clean, but it takes some effort to keep it that way. I've come to the realization that I really shouldn't own a black car anymore, given how very particular I am about certain things.

So, it's not that I've found a color I think looks better on the A5/S5 than black, rather I just want something that will be less effort to maintain. BTW, I don't want to get into a discussion in this thread regarding which colors look best on the car and which colors are easiest to maintain, so no thread jacks by anyone please. :)

I'm still on the fence as far as what color I will get next, but it could be something in the gray or silver range. We'll see. Jimmyz, to answer your question, I am now considering getting an S5 this time around. Whether or not I actually go that route depends on what type of ETA I can get on a car with the specs I want. I'll just have to wait and see how that goes.

·
Registered
204 Posts
TX, tired of washing your car 2-3 times a week? I know what you mean. The North Dallas area sucks for keeping a car clean. Too many cement roads (grey dust) and rain storms. Good luck.

·
Registered
643 Posts
I'm having a tough enough time keeping my Ibis clean, couldn't imagine black (actually I now think black and white are equally bad at hiding dirt :p)

BTW, I think Daytona Grey would do you well. Looks fantastic and seems to hide dirt well, hopefully some of the Daytona owners can chime in.

·
Registered
3,586 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 · (Edited)
Car has been sold!

Well, technically it was traded in. I lucked into an available (buyer backed out) 2009 S5 Tiptronic in Ice Silver/Black... fully loaded (minus Drive Select, which I didn't want anyway since I'll be installing coilovers).

Attachments

·
Registered
45 Posts
Well done! That was a pretty quick change out, and you seem to have gotten more or less what you wanted!

·
Registered
3,586 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks! Yeah, I was pretty fortunate to stumble upon this one when I did.

·
Registered
204 Posts
You should go with black or grey wheels for this one. Less time cleaning wheels.

·
Registered
457 Posts
Tiptronic!?

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO *inhale* OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO *gasp*
OOOOOOOOOOOOOoooOOOoOoOOOOooOOoooOOOo.

·
Registered
3,586 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 · (Edited)
Tiptronic!?

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO *inhale* OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO *gasp*
LOL :D

Too much traffic. Plus, I did buy the car for ME after all. ;)

·
Registered
3,586 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Why didn't you keep the clear corners?
I did. I just haven't gotten around to installing them on the S5 yet. Will probably do that this weekend.

·
Registered
95 Posts
Was Ice Silver the color you were thinking of switching to when you originally created this thread? Great looking car, for me it was between Ibis and Ice Silver.

·
Registered
643 Posts
Oh you already have it! I thought there would have been a wait period, good on ya!

So where are the pictures/movies/sound clips/walk-throughs/videos/detailings/mods/theories/sex tapes/differences/complaints/reviews/cop evasion stories? damn you're slow..

·
Registered
3,586 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Was Ice Silver the color you were thinking of switching to when you originally created this thread? Great looking car, for me it was between Ibis and Ice Silver.
Ice Silver was one of the color choices I had in mind, yes. Also, I was considering going with an Audi Exclusive color (just to be different) like Daytona Grey or Suzuka Grey. When I happened to stumble upon an Ice Silver and saw how incredible that metallic finish looks in the sun, I was sold! (That pic I attached above doesn't do the color justice. Will take better ones soon.)

Oh you already have it! I thought there would have been a wait period, good on ya!

So where are the pictures/movies/sound clips/walk-throughs/videos/detailings/mods/theories/sex tapes/differences/complaints/reviews/cop evasion stories? damn you're slow..
LMAO! :D Yeah, I'm just one big slacker aren't I?

·
Registered
750 Posts
Tiptronic!?

HA_HA_HA_HAAAAAAAAA_HA_HAAA!!!! That was good, crespo.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.