Audi A5 Forum & Audi S5 Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hi guys. So unfortunately I have to sell my beloved Audi A5.
I've owned this car since January 2020 and didn't think I'd be selling up any time soon at all, but now I'm just another guy losing his pride and joy to fatherhood. Sad times, but happy times.

I naively disagreed with everyone who said I would need a more practical car, but now the little one is 4 months old, she's getting bigger and accumulating more 'things' to lug around, I just cant justify keeping the A5 any longer.

So she's a 2008 2 door Sport, 3 litre V6 tdi, manual transmission, CCWA engine code, with only 71k on the clock. Full service history, half of which from Bolton Audi.

I will include some pictures below, but please note, in the last few days a couple of issues have popped up (typical) which I will list below and is reflected in the asking price.

Issues:
1) Front drivers side wheel bearing has just started making a sound.
2) EML has just came up notifying of the swirl flap actuator rod being worn on bank 1 (part is around £12 from Audi).
3) Passenger door occasionally doesn't open from outside (looked into it, also costs around £12 from Audi).

Issue 2 and 3 are common faults you can find tons of information and guides about them on this forum, I just dont have time at the minute to do it myself as I've been working a lot and trying to squeeze my only free time in with the baby.

The goodies:
  • She's sitting pretty on adjustable coilovers and comes with the height adjustment tool.
  • Has a custom exhaust with 3" downpipe similar to Darksides (you can really hear the V6 roar, but is very quiet at idle and cruising speeds).
  • Custom remapped by P-Torque to 310bhp with dyno proof.

I've genuinely never been so gutted to sell a car out of all the cars I've owned. If you have any questions at all please get in touch.

Asking Price: £7000
Reduced for a5oc: £6400

More pictures will come as soon as I can.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Just here to follow updates. bit out my budget for a daily but its nice!
Thanks Gilligan.
I may lower the asking price a bit for a5oc only as this forum has been brilliant since owning the car and the people very helpful I dont mind giving back

·
Registered
116 Posts
I had one of these a couple of years ago and they are a fantastic car.
Good luck with the sale mate 👍🏼👍🏼

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
UPDATE:
I think some people may be put off by the 3 issues listed, it's honestly only around 1-2 hours labour and around £150-£200 in parts, I just havent had time with work and new baby.

If it's not sold by next weekend I might just book a day off work and get it all fixed up to sell but then I'll be asking for £7500 instead of £6400. If interested I'd grab a good deal while you can, thanks :)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts