Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
2,046 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
For Sale - (Jan 2008) S5 21k miles - £29,950

Phantom Black S5 (Jan 08) 21k miles, 19" S5 alloys, B&O sound, Parking Plus, Cruise, Storage Pack. Fully serviced, 6 months tax and brand new tyres. Private plate pictured not for sale. Excellent condition, garaged and only ever hand-washed by owner. £29,950

Available with modifications (pictured) or as stock (£29,450)

£2k of modifications include KW v2 coilovers, Milltek non-resonated stainless exhaust(resonated also available), APS performance remap, BMC airfilter, Sportec Pedals, , 15mm spacers all round, . Modified car featured in April '08 issue of Audi driver magazine (and on the cover). All work professionally carried out by APS. Video below.

PM me if interested.

Modified (Current):

Video (Requires sound)

Stock:

·
Registered
2,000 Posts
fantastic looking car Ian, whats your reason for selling?

·
Registered
2,046 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Reason for Selling...

fantastic looking car Ian, whats your reason for selling?
Hi Guys,

Selling for two reasons...

1) The Missus wants a small car now, so I need to have the 'big' car... so was thinking 4 doors and up to 5 seats.

2) Running costs... saving £2k a year on road tax and fuel... all helps pay the kids school fees!

Trust me, it's a pretty car and awesome to drive or just listen to. I will definately be very sad to see it go, but sometimes you have to wear your 'sensible' head and my expensive hobby will be put on hold for a few more years!

Ian.

·
Registered
2,000 Posts
fair play, im currently swaying back and forth to buy an S5 but running costs are just so much higher than 3.0TDI

im sure someone will snap it up, it looks ace.

and im sure u will have fun looking for new car mate :)

·
Registered
56 Posts
There is an alternative. You can save even more money if you keep the car and get rid of the wife and kids...

I went through the " you need to grow up and get a 4 door car.. and get an automatic so I can drive it.." phase.. The Volvo S60R was as close as I got ( no automatic though). I told her she can trade her Mitsu. Eclipse in on a Ford Taurus anytime she wants.....
Actually, the new SHO is a pretty good car, I may try to talk her into that one.....

·
Registered
2,046 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Yep sure is.....never good to see a mate pushed around by his missus.

Admitting the problem is always the biggest step Ian ... http://www.batteredmen.com/

P.S. Someone grab his car, Ian was meticulous in looking after it. His son let me in on it's cleaning regime (even though he swore he wasn't a polisher ;) )
:talk2hand: Don't tell me you're not in denial that your missus wears the trousers!

...and yes, I'm a closet "polisher" - but let's face it, a car this stunning deserves to be looked after! :)

·
Registered
1,730 Posts
;) Only resonated 'cos our cars are virtually twins! They've certainly grown up together.

Ian, you seem to be avoiding telling us all what's on your shortlist for replacement? Come on, spill the beans - not embarrased are ya?

And what about your penchant for modifications - will your newly-found fiscal sensibility quell any such instincts re. the new motor?

·
Registered
2,046 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
;) Only resonated 'cos our cars are virtually twins! They've certainly grown up together.

Ian, you seem to be avoiding telling us all what's on your shortlist for replacement? Come on, spill the beans - not embarrased are ya?

And what about your penchant for modifications - will your newly-found fiscal sensibility quell any such instincts re. the new motor?
Sorry! ...I'm getting a Jaguar XF. 3.0d S in black, with black interior and black inserts and 20" wheels (not black!!)

...Not booked in yet, but Paramount Performance do a remap to 305BHP and 700NM Torque, as well as coil-overs and a sports exhaust! ...Although I might wait a little more than 400 miles before I fit these this time! :2thumbsup:

·
Registered
2,046 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Sweet, although may I point out a typo in your post above - you inadvertently put an 'd' in the engine denomination.

Black on black eh? Who would have thought?!!!
...Well, I've always been on the 'adventurous' side when it comes to colours!

and yes - it's an oil burner. :yikes: But it will be the second fastest car I've ever owned and the most fuel economical I've ever owned. I caved in to what the govt wants us to drive, but to be honest I'm stunned at that engine. It blows the Audi 3.0 Tdi away totally and is only £175 a year road tax.

·
Banned
390 Posts
...Well, I've always been on the 'adventurous' side when it comes to colours!

and yes - it's an oil burner. :yikes: But it will be the second fastest car I've ever owned and the most fuel economical I've ever owned. I caved in to what the govt wants us to drive, but to be honest I'm stunned at that engine. It blows the Audi 3.0 Tdi away totally and is only £175 a year road tax.
Jag is not as quick as a 3.0Tdi A5 I'm afraid (also £175 Road Tax) and the Jag is still a bloody Ford in drag.:wall:

·
Registered
1,730 Posts
So's you know, MoTM, Jaguar was acquired in 2008 by Tata. Whilst the XF, launched in 2008, was largely developed pre-Tata, it shares few platform components with any Ford, particularly since the mid-life refreshments to the range last year.

You're a bit confused with the S-type and X-type, developed by Ford on fairly ancient platforms.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.