Audi A5 Forum & Audi S5 Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm not sure if this has been asked before, couldnt find it when I searched. Anyone know how to get the DRL's to come on when you blip the key to unlock or lock the car during the day? I have the come home lights option switched on, but this only seems to work when the ambient light fades.

·
Registered
35 Posts
I think you needed to order an optional extra to have the lights come on during daylight when you blip the key. Unsure which one but I do remember reading about it at the time.

·
Registered
714 Posts
You need to have the lights in Auto mode for this function to work (which means the follow me home lights probably won't come on during the day because the light sensor doesn't deem it necessary ... makes sense to me)

There was some confusion in early brochures as to whether this function was included as standard or only with the auto dimming rear view mirror but I think we concluded here that it was standard in the UK.

·
Premium Member
1,800 Posts
I'm not sure if this has been asked before, couldnt find it when I searched. Anyone know how to get the DRL's to come on when you blip the key to unlock or lock the car during the day? I have the come home lights option switched on, but this only seems to work when the ambient light fades.
It might be possible to do this using a VAGCOM, but as far as the car's setup menu goes, the follow me home lights will only come on when the light sensor see's fit - and the knob is turned to "auto".

·
Registered
60 Posts
i was going to ask this very same question so thanks for answering!

·
Registered
106 Posts
Re the follow me home setting, this can be altered as per the auto light setting via the car setup. There are three sensitivity options which trigger when the headlights will automatically come on. The blip/leds will also follow the same sensitivity.

·
Registered
72 Posts
I'm struggling to see the difference between 'Early, Medium & Late' as far as the settings go.... because it doesn't seem to make any difference as to when the lights come on. :confused:

i.e. Headlights can come on during the middle of the day when it's overcast, and I tend to leave it set on 'Medium' I adjust it to late, and it doesn't appear to change!!! :(

·
Registered
821 Posts
I leave mine off and manually turn Sidelights on at Dusk !!!!! :D

·
Registered
1,239 Posts
Im not sure what your asking for to be honest.

Do you want the DRLs to flash instead of the indicators during the day when you unlock the car? thats what it sounds like to me. Sounds like it could be done via VAGCOM. Dont think it has though, great idea, i want it :) LOC!!!!!! where are you???

·
Registered
1,024 Posts
LOC!!!!!! where are you???
I'm right here, but you want AeroDave. He is the self-appointed guinea pig for testing and finding out these things. :) (And we are ever-grateful for that!)

·
Registered
821 Posts
Im not sure what your asking for to be honest.

Do you want the DRLs to flash instead of the indicators during the day when you unlock the car? thats what it sounds like to me. Sounds like it could be done via VAGCOM. Dont think it has though, great idea, i want it :) LOC!!!!!! where are you???
Ooooo that does sound good.... I'll have it aswell :D

·
Registered
714 Posts
I leave mine off and manually turn Sidelights on at Dusk !!!!! :D
Yeah but this is the DRLs in "nice but dim" mode rather than "look at me I'm fecking vicious, get out of my way" mode. Never ceases to amaze me the number of people who pull in to let me past in my little 1.8T on the motorway. I'm not driving at all aggressively so I get kind of embarrassed and just pull in behind them :rolleyes:

... but to DBS2's point ... that's just what I do! Xenons = bad unless it's really dark!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.