Audi A5 Forum & Audi S5 Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone, just purchased an Audi S5 (65 plate) without folding mirror function on door handle. Is it possible to fold the mirrors, I don't want to manually force the issue without advice. Many thanks. Paul.

·
Registered
2015 S5 Coupe
256 Posts
I can't recall, but yes I think you can manually fold them, or do as I did and retrofit folding mirrors

·
Registered
11 Posts
I had the same issue with my 2018 Cabriolet. Expected the mirrors to fold when locking the car. Tried folding manually but there was too much resistance. Finally tried with both hands, one on the inside edge, the other on the outside and, with a twisting motion, the mirrors folded quite easily.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I had the same issue with my 2018 Cabriolet. Expected the mirrors to fold when locking the car. Tried folding manually but there was too much resistance. Finally tried with both hands, one on the inside edge, the other on the outside and, with a twisting motion, the mirrors folded quite easily.
Thanks pal just found that the exact same way so issue solved.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Does anyone know if the function for dipping the passenger mirror when reverse is selected can be 'installed' via VDCS? It has been a feature on every car I have owned since 2004 yet my 2018 A5 doesn't have it. So much for Dutch Vorsprung etc.

·
Registered
Audi A5 f5 3.0 TDI Quattro S line S tronic Virtual Cockpit Driving assist pack
677 Posts
Does anyone know if the function for dipping the passenger mirror when reverse is selected can be 'installed' via VDCS? It has been a feature on every car I have owned since 2004 yet my 2018 A5 doesn't have it. So much for Dutch Vorsprung etc.
Strange, mine has it! As long as the left wing mirror is selected, when reversing mine dips... F5 model and my previous model had it!

~Alex

·
Registered
11 Posts
Thanks Alex. I asked Stratford Audi to look at enabling the passenger mirror dipping on reverse but they assured me that it was not factory enabled on my 2018 A5 Cab. Mind you, they also told me that the car has lane guidance which it most certainly does not. And, having requested that they rectify my powered front head restraints which were immobile, they sent the car back with only the driver's side working.

·
Registered
677 Posts
Thanks Alex. I asked Stratford Audi to look at enabling the passenger mirror dipping on reverse but they assured me that it was not factory enabled on my 2018 A5 Cab. Mind you, they also told me that the car has lane guidance which it most certainly does not. And, having requested that they rectify my powered front head restraints which were immobile, they sent the car back with only the driver's side working.
Do you know what @Barbiere my google earth stopped working, and Audi had my car for an entire day to only tell me that my model just wouldn’t accept the new software update....

Only for me to stumble across Congo’s post and some other posters over at other Audi forums for me to piece together how to update it MYSELF and got it working... and this is just someone who works in education.... 🤬 and even I was able to figure it out!

I found that unless it involved me taking out my wallet, Audi 100% would not touch the car to even apply necessary updates. Only when parting with cash, they can be the most helpful people you’d come across.😩

a real darn shame!

If you have VCDS or OBDeleven, you can definitely turn it on via conevenience module if memory serves me correct!

~Alex

·
Registered
11 Posts
Hi Alex. Looks like we were in the same business, though I retired from teaching 21 years ago! My son (who lives in France) has VDCS and we are hoping to be there as soon as foreign travel is possible so I'll look at the convenience settings then. I can certainly use Google maps through Car Play but haven't tried Google Earth.

·
Registered
677 Posts
Hi Alex. Looks like we were in the same business, though I retired from teaching 21 years ago! My son (who lives in France) has VDCS and we are hoping to be there as soon as foreign travel is possible so I'll look at the convenience settings then. I can certainly use Google maps through Car Play but haven't tried Google Earth.
If you’re paying for the additional google earth connect subscription fee(like I am) then it’s definitely worth updating, otherwise you can contact @congo and he can show you how to update and give you almost lifetime (?) google earth maps for a one off fee (without subscription of any sort)

Post on here again if you need help! 👍🏻
~Alex

1 - 11 of 11 Posts