Audi A5 Forum & Audi S5 Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
The flood gates have opened on S5 availability (US market).

For some time now, I've been watching cars.com for quantity of S5s available for sale in the US. Search for Audi S5 nationwide.

The total number usually fluctuates between 10-12 cars.

Just today, the number has reached 30 with 22 new listings!

I guess it's fair to say that Audi is finally delivering (from port) and that pre-orders/sold cars are dropping off and becoming available!

Check it out....

·
Registered
11 Posts
There are about about 34 new and 15 used on AutoTrader.com right now - that's up on recent numbers - it almost totally dried up for new listings a few months ago. Some are certainly placeholder cars where dealers are looking for orders - they are very unlikely to have real new cars on the lot waiting - but the number of available cars is certainly going up. Used list prices are still through the roof, but I wonder if many buyers have actually paid over MSRP for a used car, especially since most states charge sales tax for even private seller cars.

·
Registered
432 Posts
I guess so. Today I saw a black S5 sitting at two different Audi Stealerships waiting for a buyer. It sucks because I'm still waiting for an allocation.

·
Registered
479 Posts
Can't you get your deposit back and go and buy one of the ones you have seen?

·
Registered
432 Posts

·
Registered
479 Posts
Ah, I see!!

·
Registered
204 Posts
I was just told by my dealer that my car is on a truck on the way to the dealer now, should have it Monday or Tuesday.
so I agree it sounds like Audi is shipping a lot more S5 now then what they did during MY2008.

Tonny

·
Registered
26 Posts
I just got back from a dealer and they had the most A5 and S5's I've seen. And just these couple days I've been getting calls and emails from many dealers. Sounds like they just got a whole shipment in.

·
Registered
196 Posts
Thats funny because I got a call yesterday from my dealer asking if I wanted an automatic Phantom Black/black Interior S5. My order had different specifications, but I was so tempted. Thats good news! They need to hurry up and work on mine!

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
LA Audi Dealer?

I just got back from a dealer and they had the most A5 and S5's I've seen. And just these couple days I've been getting calls and emails from many dealers. Sounds like they just got a whole shipment in.
JayJay -

Which LA dealer are you talking about?

I'm heading to LA this week and would love to stop by the Audi dealer you're referencing.

Thanks,

George

·
Registered
26 Posts
JayJay -

Which LA dealer are you talking about?

I'm heading to LA this week and would love to stop by the Audi dealer you're referencing.

Thanks,

George
Just went to Keyes on Van Nuys... but be careful though the GM there was pretty adamant about selling 5k over sticker. He basically told me in a polite way that if he lost my business he wouldn't have trouble selling his A5/S5 inventories (I hate it when dealers are right!). But theres no way I'm paying that much over sticker so I just walked away.

GL!

·
Registered
39 Posts
Just an FYI, my S5 allocation in SF is now available for anyone I'd assume. It's just chillin' at the dealer all lonely. You should never abandon such a beautiful thing. Sad.

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Just went to Keyes on Van Nuys... but be careful though the GM there was pretty adamant about selling 5k over sticker. He basically told me in a polite way that if he lost my business he wouldn't have trouble selling his A5/S5 inventories (I hate it when dealers are right!). But theres no way I'm paying that much over sticker so I just walked away.

GL!
Thanks JayJay -

I'll stop by Keyes Audi this week and thanks for the warning on the GM.

What GM's like the one at Keyes forget is that consumer's have a tendency to remember when a dealer doesn't care for their business when times are good. Pompous and arrogant!

However, when times are bad; payback can be such a b*i*t*c*h!

What goes around comes around...

Regards,

GTL:cool:

·
Registered
19 Posts
I actually test drove the demo at Keyes back in January and they wanted to sell me that one (with 3500 miles) at 10K over sticker. After I stopped laughing the guy told me that he was waiting on 2 other people that were interested at that price. I told him I would place an order and he said they would be asking for 10K to 15K over sticker and required 5K down...for an order. After I left (and he was also clear that I wouldn't be able to find one anywhere for less, or find one at all) I called various Audi dealers. Finally called McKenna in Norwalk and placed the order at MSRP, in the end was able to negotiate for the care package as well. I will never go back to Keyes again or even recommend it. I hope you have a better experience.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.