Audi A5 Forum & Audi S5 Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys, just a quick one, I'm on the verge of buying a rear RS5 bumper to refresh the look of my 2008 S5. The problem is that it's off a 2012 face-lift RS5. The bumper looks as if it will bolt straight on, as the actual shape is the same, but are the clips etc the same? I don't want to pay nearly £600 for something that doesn't fit. Thanks

·
Registered
779 Posts
I'm sure the bumper clips will fit, but the RS5 is wider so I suspect you will probably be able to bolt it on, but it won't look right around the wheel arch area, as what I've seen when people do conversions with OEM RS bumpers they have to widen the rear quarter where it meets up with the bumper at the arch.

Also, the facelift have a slightly different shape/profile to the rear lights, not really a show stopper as the above, but there is a difference. See Xenons website for a visual. You're probably better off getting one of xenons bumpers so you'll get a good fit.

Regards

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks so much for that. Saved me a lot of money. So, Xenons can supply an after market one, that requires no alterations?

·
Registered
779 Posts

If you are a UK resident and want to do this modification, Xenons would be my first and only stop on that journey. However if you look at the guys video from this link Look at these vids on YouTube, very well done.... you'll see you will probably have to be a bit "creative" with the exhaust tips, alternatively, visit a reputable exhaust/weld shop to get that bit properly sorted.

Regards

·
Registered
351 Posts
Yes, I have the Xenons fitted on my B8 Coupe & with the B8.5 FL lights- so its a perfect combo fit.
You just have to cut out a small 1" square from the inside of the metal ovals to fit around a piece of the chassis or bumper mount and use the rubber strip (supplied) to go along the top seal under the boot-lid- however, it needs to be spray painted and properly primed first.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts