Audi A5 Forum & Audi S5 Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,
Just before I go ahead and buy a rather nice 2015 A5 Sline Quattro, - which is fitted with the standard Audi system. If I buy a used Bang and Olufson system including speakers and amp, are cables in place at all locations including the dashboard to fit the Bang and Olufson system? Any help and advice regarding this would be much appreciated. I know that I could fit a none bang and olufson system, but I want to keep it all standard and simple, although I might add a 12" sub and amp later. Thank you

·
Registered
544 Posts
I have done this to my 2008 A5. I would never attempt it again. There is no wiring for the tweeters going into the doors (or from the amp to there). No wiring to the microphone up by the rear view mirror, no wiring the the speakers on the rear shelf. The dsp/amp module uses the same connector but with completely different pin assignments. I made an adaptor cable which merged in the extra cabling from additional speakers and microphones but you could modify the existing loom too. Then there is coding to do and component protection to remove.

I was completely happy with the sound afterwards, unlike the standard system. I vowed never to make such a mistake again and wouldn't buy another one without the decent sound system already fitted.

So yes, it's possible, but far from just a speaker and amp swap out.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts