Audi A5 Forum & Audi S5 Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
2,016 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I installed the FIS control a couple of months ago, but not posted anything on it yet!

Great bit of kit and really useful, especially when you're tuned to keep an eye on temps :)

Easy to install, but takes a bit to get your head around the set up as it comes 'blank'. I still need to make some adjustments to the tables. I created my own screen graphics in Photoshop, based on the standard image downloaded from the FIS website.

Vehicle Motor vehicle Gauge Automotive design Steering part

Vehicle Font Luxury vehicle Auto part Gas

Vehicle Font Gadget Gas Multimedia
Gadget Personal luxury car Font Gas Automotive design

Window Font Vehicle Gadget Electronic device

·
Registered
2,016 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Let me know if you are interested in this kit as I could get some discounts. :)

·
Registered
2,016 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I would say around £250, but obviously I would have to check with the guy from TurboZentrum :)

Physical install, is dead easy, comes with the keys to remove the MMI. Oh, I can't remember which MMI you have, but you do need the highline or 3+ MMI.

But the software side can be a little tricky until you get your head round it. If you're not bothered about messing around with the images in Photoshop, like I did, then it isn't too bad. It is just figuring out the table entries, some on mine still aren't quite right, but not got round to fiddling with it again. Aswad (Cadguy77) kindly gave me his data table file and I worked from that. So there is some some software setup as it is something that is still being updated and not something that is truly plug n play.

·
Registered
683 Posts
It's something I'm definitely interested in as long as you don't mind me hounding you with all the software questions. 👍

·
Registered
2,016 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
It's something I'm definitely interested in as long as you don't mind me hounding you with all the software questions. 👍
Once you get your head round it, it is fine. Having pre-populated data tables also helps!

Shall I contact the guy to see if he able to give the discount?

·
Registered
Audi S5 sportback
292 Posts
Install for me was relatively easy. I installed this at the same time as a Carplay/Android Auto interface.

FIS-Control MMI & Wireless Carplay/Android Auto....

As mentioned, the FIS-MMI Control comes 'blank' and needs configuring. I had some great assistance from @Dippy with my set-up. There are a few of us on here now that can assist you with set-up @Smokey Joe.

I also noticed yesterday that the FIS-MMI Control configurator page now as example set-up files available to ease the learning curve on set-up https://fis-control.de/mmi.html

·
Registered
683 Posts
Yeah Thanks Dave and Aswad. I think I'll have one, I do love a gadget. If you can get a price Dave that would be great.
I'll post up a pic of my mmi system after work to make sure it's compatible if one of you guys could let me know as I have no idea what version it is. 🤣

·
Registered
2,016 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Yeah Thanks Dave and Aswad. I think I'll have one, I do love a gadget. If you can get a price Dave that would be great.
I'll post up a pic of my mmi system after work to make sure it's compatible if one of you guys could let me know as I have no idea what version it is. 🤣
No probs!

Yours should be 3G, do you have sat nav, then I think this will be a compatible version. :)

·
Registered
683 Posts
Install for me was relatively easy. I installed this at the same time as a Carplay/Android Auto interface.

FIS-Control MMI & Wireless Carplay/Android Auto....

As mentioned, the FIS-MMI Control comes 'blank' and needs configuring. I had some great assistance from @Dippy with my set-up. There are a few of us on here now that can assist you with set-up @Smokey Joe.

I also noticed yesterday that the FIS-MMI Control configurator page now as example set-up files available to ease the learning curve on set-up https://fis-control.de/mmi.html

Thanks Aswad, I need all the help I can get when it comes to software stuff. 😂

·
Registered
Audi S5 sportback
292 Posts
Reactions: Smokey Joe

·
Registered
2,016 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Pm'd you the guy's email for a discount on the FIS-Control! (y)

Reactions: Smokey Joe

·
Registered
2015 S5 Coupe
302 Posts
Font Gadget Display device Electronic device Multimedia
Jumping on the bandwagon here... Depending on cost I'd be interested in a group buy

Looks like I have the MMI 3G + too

1 - 15 of 15 Posts